DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

221 - 240 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Werd.....the size is a bonus as well. I unfortunately need a sub as well as a more powerful midbass option. If they make it, I will be checking em out.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Funny you bumped this old thread I've been researching these amps to use in my next build.

The issue I'm trying to wrap my brain around is getting proper wiring into their tiny terminals.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Funny you bumped this old thread I've been researching these amps to use in my next build.

The issue I'm trying to wrap my brain around is getting proper wiring into their tiny terminals.
It comes with power n ground connections adaptor. You can use 14/16 ga for speaker connections

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #225

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
So these are still working well and people still like them? Wished I had come across them sooner.

For car audio purposes is there a difference between the 4180 and 4180.14?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #228
So these are still working well and people still like them? Wished I had come across them sooner.

For car audio purposes is there a difference between the 4180 and 4180.14?
Yep, this is the longest I've had the same amps (or any gear) in a single install and no desire to change it out. They just work every day all day and sound incredible while being absolutely tiny. You'll want the 4180 for car installs. The .14 versions are just for newer Harleys.

Hey bro. All good. I am the current dealer for them in India. Quality wise they rock. Very clean. Very detailed. How are you btw?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
That's awesome!!! So cool that BT amps have reached that far. I'm doing well, kids and the corporate job consume all of my time now and I haven't had any time for audio in a while. But we're now shopping for a new vehicle so I might have to get back into car audio soon. Promised myself I wouldn't touch the system in whatever we get, but that probably won't last long. :D

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I finally gave in. The build quality of this amp is something you can’t quite behold until you are actually holding one in your hand.

The unit has a heft that suggests the dense power package (smaller than an iPad Mini in terms of length and width) will not disappoint.

I will tinker around with it in June but I have a feeling this will replace a PDX F4 (2nd gen) without any regrets.

Here are some internal gut pics of the custom power supply and Hypex UCD180OEM modules for anybody that’s interested:

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Previous pics disappeared for some reason. Reattached them to this post.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
From what I understand, there is some type of input DSP that is able to accept a range of voltages and adapt appropriately without the need for a signal gain pot.

I plan on using with a DSP so I can controll signal gains from there if need be.

When I spoke with Mike at Biketronics he was mentioning they can modify the input gain to a user preference. Simillare to how they can bring the stock 45hz HP filter down to as low as 10 hz.

Reason I was told for the small wire guages is due to the extremely high efficiency near 90%.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Been talking to Mike through email and he is real helpful but Im sure he doesnt have time to answer all these questions and requests from one rando guy. How did yall order/Buy the Car model with the mounting feet and thick gauge wire? Anyone know the price of the BT250.4? Its got individual gains that I dont prefer. I like the idea of gainless. Was originally going to get the BT180.4 which I think is plenty.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Been talking to Mike through email and he is real helpful but Im sure he doesnt have time to answer all these questions and requests from one rando guy. How did yall order/Buy the Car model with the mounting feet and thick gauge wire? Anyone know the price of the BT250.4? Its got individual gains that I dont prefer. I like the idea of gainless. Was originally going to get the BT180.4 which I think is plenty.

???? I don't see these at biketronics.com. Can you provide a link?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
There is no link for it. You’ll have to call in and try to speak to Mike for the 4x250. Kind of considered as a custom order until more demand for it is made for it. Mike also showed me a 6x180 prototype with gain pots for each pair of channels.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #238
Ohhhhhh man, cat's out of the bag, that 6x180 is SWEET! Trying my best to not pick one up for a 3 way front stage upgrade ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Ohhhhhh man, cat's out of the bag, that 6x180 is SWEET! Trying my best to not pick one up for a 3 way front stage upgrade ahhhhhhhhhhhh...
Do it. Everyone has a 3-way front stage now. You're missing out. ;):D

221 - 240 of 353 Posts