DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

121 - 140 of 336 Posts

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Yeah. That's one way of putting it. Also the air around instrument which sometimes bloated the tone seem to have disappeared completely. Hence feeling a bit odd. Anyone else who has listened to these can check the same. I heard the same thing in Emet car as well
Air as media transferring sound waves? so it`s sounds like in vacuum?:D

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
Lol ,I wish I can hear sound in vacuum. What I meant was that the instruments are very accurate now as compared to earlier.:D:D
Just messing with ya... Audiophiles or audiofools like some calling us in this board refer to it as veil...being pulled off.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I'm already home bro. It was great meeting you
Excellent!!! Post pics of the final install when you get a chance, I'd love to see where you ended up hiding it :D

Let me know when you're back in the states, we'll do another listening session but this time with my home setup and more Hypex amps :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted let everyone know I now have BT4180s and BT2180s in stock with a 10hz cutoff, instead of our usual 45hz. I also made a coupon code for our website to give DIY guys 10% our website price on these amps. Use DIYForum as the code and make sure and add a note to your order if you need the lower cutoff part.

Bill

·
Premium Member
8,767 Posts
Very cool. It is nice to see the company be so responsive! Thank you.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Guys,

1. What amount of car audio sales would support Biketronics designing a 5 or 7 channel amp with a high(ish) power sub channel (500+ watts)?
It is something we plan on doing, just have been so buried trying to keep up with Harley sales we have not gotten it done. First would be a 5 chan, our current power supply design in the 4180 would support that with almost no changes. 7 channel would be further out.

2. Has Biketronics played with any Ncore modules?
Mike, the owner and engineer here, is starting a guitar amp company and has been testing them. I have not played with them yet. See Vivid Amplifiers

3. Wanted to confirm that there is no normalization done by BT amps, and that we can adjust the levels with an external DSP, since there are no gains on the amps. In other words, if I'm sending 2v to channels 1,2 and 3v to channels 3,4 the amp will not just make them all 2v or whatever.
We do not have any auto-gain function, it is fixed and each channel is separate so you could have a different input and output level on all channels.

4. Could you clarify the situation with wiring? Since the gauge is so small, would it be fine to just have a short run to a terminal strip, then thicker gauge for longer lengths to the speaker?
Our connectors are geared toward how efficient our amps are and the short wiring used in a Harley setup, for a car that idea would work great. If/when we make a dedicated car amp I will go with "normal" screw terminals.

5. Are there any plans to incorporate the larger 400 or 700 modules, and sacrifice some size? Or would power supply be a limiting factor?
We have been testing a lot of higher powered modules (see # 2), fastest change for us would be to move to the 250 watt parts, they are almost a drop in for our current design. After that would be a mostly ground up product and take awhile. Personally I would love a 5 channel with the 5th being a 400 watt module. I think that would do it for a high percentage of people and the really nuts guys could use that and another 2 or 4 channel.

Bill
Who you calling NutZ? :D

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just wanted let everyone know I now have BT4180s and BT2180s in stock with a 10hz cutoff, instead of our usual 45hz. I also made a coupon code for our website to give DIY guys 10% our website price on these amps. Use DIYForum as the code and make sure and add a note to your order if you need the lower cutoff part.

Bill
For the people who already bought , can the part be send over or if you can tell us how to achieve the same in existing Amp with any Mods

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
For the people who already bought , can the part be send over or if you can tell us how to achieve the same in existing Amp with any Mods
Am pretty sure you'll have to replace a few surface mount resistors. So chances are you will have to send it in unless your good with SMD....but since it only a 3lb tiny amplifier I don't see why it would cost more than 6 bucks to ship back to the manufacture.

Ship it in a medium bubble envelope.....lol.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Am pretty sure you'll have to replace a few surface mount resistors. So chances are you will have to send it in unless your good with SMD....but since it only a 3lb tiny amplifier I don't see why it would cost more than 6 bucks to ship back to the manufacture.

Ship it in a medium bubble envelope.....lol.
It's in India so that $6 can easily become $60 one way :)

let's see what can be done else will buy a 2 Channel module for my Midbass and use the 4 channel for midrange and tweets

·
Registered
8 Posts
Unfortunately I would have to do it. It is not something I would feel comfortable having a customer do. I would be happy to take care of it if you paid for shipping, USPS International would probably be about $27 each way from India though.

Bill

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Unfortunately I would have to do it. It is not something I would feel comfortable having a customer do. I would be happy to take care of it if you paid for shipping, USPS International would probably be about $27 each way from India though.

Bill
Understood, but I never trust USPS even coming to India as tracking here is noon existent. I have never received any item till now via them

·
Registered
8 Posts
Understood, but I never trust USPS even coming to India as tracking here is noon existent. I have never received any item till now via them
That's too bad. We always ship that way for international and I don't think we have ever had an issue. But I also don't know how often we have shipped to India. We have had lots of issues using other carriers, that's why we only do USPS for international now.

Bill

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
Hi Guys,

Bill
WOW!

10% regular price is like, 62 bucks!

that's awesome, Mr. Bill!

·
Registered
950 Posts
My math says $519 for the 4180, is that correct Bill? -10% from $649 regular price off of the $584.95 price? Damn thats a nice deal!!

Even -10% of listed price is a very solid deal. As soon as I get back from Mexico in April I may have to give one a try..

·
Registered
8 Posts
My math says $519 for the 4180, is that correct Bill? -10% from $649 regular price off of the $584.95 price? Damn thats a nice deal!!

Even -10% of listed price is a very solid deal. As soon as I get back from Mexico in April I may have to give one a try..
Actually $526.45, for the next couple of days , the web price will be going back up soon (having a hard time keeping them on the shelf) and then it would be $584.95 with the code. To be perfectly honest I had forgotten they already had 10% off online :)

Bill

121 - 140 of 336 Posts