DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

141 - 160 of 347 Posts

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
And since pretty much no one lives in Idaho, no sales tax and free shipping. Pretty sweet deal!

Bill, can't wait to come see you guys this summer and check out what you all are coming up with next :D

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I'm thinking maybe I should order before the rate goes back up.....tell me tho mr. Bill.......how long before I can get a sub amp too? I'm thinking 2x400 at 3 ohms would do........just asking cos I would love to have matching tiny amps......lol. A four channel and a two will suit my front end rather well.......if ya just had a sub solution......

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm thinking maybe I should order before the rate goes back up.....tell me tho mr. Bill.......how long before I can get a sub amp too? I'm thinking 2x400 at 3 ohms would do........just asking cos I would love to have matching tiny amps......lol. A four channel and a two will suit my front end rather well.......if ya just had a sub solution......

They have the BT2180 with a 10hz filter for sub duty and it puts out 360watts at 2ohms x 2 channels

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I have two 3 ohm subs.......that are power hungry......so the 2x180 ain't quite gonna replace the current power they are getting. Jl and their stupid 3 ohm subs..........the two channels only fits mine in the midbass dept.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Two UcD400's or even two UcD250's would do the trick, rms at 3 ohms would probably be closer to 500ish+ and 375ish, respectively. But I personally haven't worked with a 400OEM module before so not sure if it is too big for the 2180 or 4180 chassis...per Bill's earlier comment, 250 modules are basically a drop in option.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Right on, I'll let Bill comment on the possibility of a UcD400 based amp, I know I'd totally be down for one to power the upcoming SI BM MKV.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Right on, I'll let Bill comment on the possibility of a UcD400 based amp, I know I'd totally be down for one to power the upcoming SI BM MKV.
If it is possible to get a UcD400 2-channel option in the bt4180 sink without having to redesign the power supply etc I will send the money for it right now. Would fit my needs on the substage side very well. I as well like matching amp installs and my se2300 just doesn't look right sitting by my bt4180...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
If it is possible to get a UcD400 2-channel option in the bt4180 sink without having to redesign the power supply etc I will send the money for it right now. Would fit my needs on the substage side very well. I as well like matching amp installs and my se2300 just doesn't look right sitting by my bt4180...
Werd.....matching amps ftw.

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts
Since we're speaking in hypotheticals anyway...
Would it be possible to make these potential new amps (UcD400 and/or UcD250 based designs) bridgeable? Some of us only run a single subwoofer and have a spare channel going unused could drive us insane. :D

·
Premium Member
8,892 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
The ucd400 is pretty big so while it wouldn't be too hard to make them work with the 4180 power supply I don't think I can fit two without a new box. One maybe, still looking at it. Unfortunately this is about the time of year when the Harley sales go crazy so unless it is relatively easy project it might be a while. We did recently get a really nice CnC and a guy to run it so that will help for projects that involve new boxes.

Bill

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
I`ve got one just today,THis thing is stupidly small it can fit under anywhere, spare din space for example. here is how it sits on macbook air and weight just under 2LB 6OZ

141 - 160 of 347 Posts