DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe you drive the same car I do, (5th gen, 94-97 accord.) Based upon your experience, will I be able to fit the Dayton RS180 7" in the doors without having to do a custom door panel?

I have no problem making spacers and sealing/deadening the doors, but I really don't want to have to "build-out" my factory panels.

If the 7" won't fit, will the RS150 6" still play low enough to have satisfactory front mid-bass?

Thanks,

-Ben

·
Registered
415 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet! So it looks like no problems to run the Dayton's.

As a side-bar question, the amp I've picked up to run my seperates is rated at 45x4 at 4 ohms. After reading some more, I'm afraid this won't be enough for the 7" Dayton's to provide satisfying mid-bass.

Any thoughts?

-Ben

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply. It looks like I'll be bridging the Xtant 4 channel down to 2, which should net 90x2 at 8ohm. Do you think this will be sufficient? As for the tweets, I'm looking at a 50x2 Xtant that would be running the RS Series tweets, which are 4ohm, correct?

Any more suggestions?

-Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.