DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

ATV - Golf Cart - Fishin boat portable juke box

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  akim74 
#1 ·
Well technically it is a Mobile audio system

I am going to build a portable jukebox.

It will consist of 2 Vifa P17WJ00 6.5's, 4 old school Lanzar DCT 1 inch silk tweeters "already had them", and a simple 6th order crossover. I will power it with an automotive car amp and feed the signal with a standard MP3 player. I may use a line driver to beef up the signal from the MP3 player.

The 6.5's will be in a ported box. Around .6 per driver looks good and flat and will play down to 50hz
The tweeters 4 may be a little much, but I am going to angle them for a wider coverage area.
Crossover point will be around 3700 hz
The amp will be an Autotek Mean Machine 40 or 44, maybe a Rockford DSM 40 or 60 i
Something old and cheap but still has a nice solid sound. The inputs on these amps can be low also.
Will use a RCA lyra or something like that for music source.

Everything will be ran at 8 ohms and should run on a standard 12 volt battery for some time at a moderate volume. Although this will cut my amp power in half I still think 15 watts per channel of clean power will be enough.

The enclosure will be made out of birch or treated plywood and covered in a heavy-duty bed liner coating. I will also liquid glass the outside of the enclosure before coating it with bed liner.

The goal is to make it light enough to carry it around with out a lot of problem.

I will post pictures once I get the speakers in and start the project. I figure total cost on the unit minus parts I already have will be $200. I think it will sound nice and full and will spruce up a day at the river or lake.

See less See more
#5 ·
I was going to do something PodZumaish. I was going to use gel cells charged in the house or off of the quad electrical system, when the quad's engine is running then I'll run it right off the quad. It won't be a permanent fixture, I have a river that runs behind the house and it's nice to have the quad out there by the fire pit so i don't have to walk my ass off going back up to the house, and have some tunes!

Chad

#6 ·
Well I got to look at one of the sonic impact class t amps. I think this may fit the build better than say a standard car amp. Although looking at the amps I think I will go with the Super T because of the layout and the ease of adapting it to a metal panel. Plus it has all of the hookups for AC and DC voltage. The only thing I am a little skeptical on is the power output of 8-10 watts per channel at 8 ohm. I still think the sound will be full and clean at a moderate level. I am not trying to club it with this thing. What do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.