DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have been looking at those for over a year! I think I should just try them. I want to try them in a 2 way with my max fi's i mean they are under 70 shipped for the pair! They supposedly play up to 2700hz!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
They sound AWESOME but I really have nothing to compair them with. This is my first install with 8" up front and they make a hell of a difference over my RS180s. 8" midbass drivers up front is a totally different league. Right now I have them installed in heavily damped doors paired with Aura NS3-194 3" fullrange drivers (1.0L tupperware on dash). High & low Crossover set at 315 Hz @ 24db.

Oh, and they are 3.6" deep and have 8.5" overall diameter.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Oh... some additional information: I am giving them 200 @ 4 ohm /ea powered supplied by a Planet Audio TT4200. At the moment, I am running them unfiltered low pass because I do not have my subwoofer installed and they give no signs of distortion. I finally understand why people running 8's say that they can do without subwoofers.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
STI<>GTO said:
Omar - Are these in your Subie?
Yup. I went for it. I didn't do any cutting of the metal hole because of the power window motor that is located right besides it. I need to come up with an effective panel modding plan though. :rolleyes: . It will probably involve fiberglassing but I want to keep cosmetic mods to a minimum.

·
Registered
499 Posts
would you by chance have any idea of how the midrange on these is? I would be interested in a 2 way, since I cant bandpass the mid/midbass on my kenwood maybe I could just run these from like 2500 down. What do you think

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
rimshot said:
would you by chance have any idea of how the midrange on these is? I would be interested in a 2 way, since I cant bandpass the mid/midbass on my kenwood maybe I could just run these from like 2500 down. What do you think
I'll have to get back to on that. If Dang has the time to test, I can ship one of the woofers out to him. I would like a relatively short turn around though. So if he has the time I'll send him one.

·
Registered
499 Posts
they sold off those poly mids for 35 and decided not to make anymore and better yet they are backing out of the arco set preorder where they have had many peoples money (including mine) tied up. I still dont have a refund and have emailed them already. Supposedly they are also gettign rid of the assasin subs to make dvc version. Alot of people are were in the middle of installs (some with extensive fiberglass work) that were specifically cut out for the arco set. In this situation a slight delay (which already happened, the arcos were supposed to ship march 1st) would have sucked but would have still been acceptable but to cancel the introduction of the entire set because of a problem with mounting hardware? Outrageous. And they dont answer the phones are super slow with refunds and just plain suck in my opinion. I have learned my lesson this time around.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
lol rimshot your sig is killin me RMAO

I too am waaaaay cool of ascendant. Some of these internet companies need to understand that is cool to have a good product, but customer service and accountabilty and communication are still important business practices

dont take folks money to create some "start up" money if you cant produce product and service down the line

and I guess you dont want to tell them about the $50 bucks you lost on the avalanche preorder since they didnt know how to process a paypal refund after 4 weeks after they had shipped

·
Registered
499 Posts
I just dont think its a good buisness practice at all to repeatedly pawn off your stock so you can make, or try something else. Good companies introduce a product, and sell it for a extended period of time and improve upon it while they build their companies "stock" up and maybe 9 months to a year or so later you introduce a new and improved product. It seems ascendant is releasing things that they have a small stock of and when they are sold out, the move onto something else, that doesnt sound like an audio company to me as those practices seem better suited to someone with an Ebay account. I know chad and his dad muct work hard but if you arent prepared to make customer service your first priority then you dont deserve to have a profitable buisness. \end rant

·
Registered
499 Posts
Man I apologize for taking this post so far off course. I am just fed up with ascendant and thanks alot new titan for making me remember the avalanche fiasco as well. lol

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
rimshot said:
I have been looking at those for over a year! I think I should just try them. I want to try them in a 2 way with my max fi's i mean they are under 70 shipped for the pair! They supposedly play up to 2700hz!
Nah, I wouldn't play them above 500Hz. They were definitely made for bass duty. I have them w/ no low cross (315Hz HI) @ 200W ea/ and I still haven't heard any distortion.

$15 8" budget midbass:
Vifa C20WJ19
3.15" depth, 100W, 8ohm, 36-5000, 91dB 1w/1m.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just recieved those vifa 8" from madisound and tried to order the 8" vifa grills that they had ,but was told that they do not fit this model.So i already had the two piece parts express grills and they fit perfect.Cant give any info on how they sound yet,but if anyone is interested in these and need grills use the two piece ones for the 8".

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Not mine but...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audax-8-midbass...9710641736QQcategoryZ3292QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I had noticed some resonating from these woofers and decided to make some modifications to them. I damped the stamped steel frame and the sides of the magnet with some damplifier pro. I also glued a piece of 1/8" thick neopro pad to the back of the magnet. The mods helped but I am still in the market for a pair of 8" Peerless XLS or Seas L21 woofers.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.