DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is another build from the last couple months. This guy was looking for a little more bass than the Bose sub offered.

I thought this car was just pretty, so I took a few shots:

And this is what we did for him:
(I'm not sure if narration is really necessary, so if you have questions I'd be happy to oblige.)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys!

The enclosure was 0.6cuft and tuned to 38hz if I remember right. (This was a month or so ago.)

The amp was mounted with the factory amplifier on the driver's side. My installer Greenwood did a great job hiding the Phoenix Gold SD300 and the Audio Control LC2i in that spot.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pretty??? I think that is a great understatement. You did the car great justice, amazing attention to detail.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Excellent job and cool car...I guess I don't keep up as much as I used to, I haven't even heard of an A7. Is it some kind of CUV or is it really a hatchback car? Audis makes some great looking cars...under warranty lol

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see that you are in Texas, and not that far. Do you ever compete?
Yes, we are in Plano, a Northern suburb of Dallas. We have not competed in the past, but I'd like to change that in the next few years.

Yes, this car is technically a hatchback, but you'd never think so. It looks awesome IMHO. If I had the kind of money it took to have one, it would be very close to the top of my list. The interior was amazing.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
It's a great looking car for sure, I always wanted a little A4 Turbo but was always worried about their rep for electronic and other out of warranty repairs!

I don't remember how far Plano is from DFW (I'm from College Station originally) but working on vehicles like that, word of mouth should bring some very nicely loaded customers over time!

·
Registered
322 Posts
Plano is not far north of Dallas. I grew up in North Dallas/Richardson and Plano is the next suburb north. I am out by the TMS and would like to know if you have a shop I could come and check out?

Jon

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Yes, we are in Plano, a Northern suburb of Dallas. We have not competed in the past, but I'd like to change that in the next few years.

Yes, this car is technically a hatchback, but you'd never think so. It looks awesome IMHO. If I had the kind of money it took to have one, it would be very close to the top of my list. The interior was amazing.
Thats awesome man! I arrange a few meets and stuff in Texas every year, hope to see you a the next one. Here was our last one...

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/12-volt-events-team-diyma/[email protected]tation-oct-13th.html

And there are meca events in Denison and Sherman which is reallly close to you... We will be in contact :) Very happy to hear there are more sq interests in Texas!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts