DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 2015 Audi A8 Bose audio system (MMI).It uses MOST and I am looking to build a full system on top of the factory HU.
I would like as much detail about the system as possible, but I am especially looking to determine the wiring on the output harness, since there does not seem to be an adapter made for this vehicle. I would also love some info on exactly which drivers are using passive versus active x-overs and the locations (e.g., is the signal crossed over in the HU or the AMP or are there passive crossovers behind some panel.).
My understanding is that this car uses a combination of passive and active. Also, I don't think the center is used for music at all. I think it is just for nav, but I have never heard it make a peep, though I have not tested it thoroughly yet.
Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
I am looking for a wiring diagram for a 2015 Audi A8 Bose audio system (MMI).It uses MOST and I am looking to build a full system on top of the factory HU.
I would like as much detail about the system as possible, but I am especially looking to determine the wiring on the output harness, since there does not seem to be an adapter made for this vehicle. I would also love some info on exactly which drivers are using passive versus active x-overs and the locations (e.g., is the signal crossed over in the HU or the AMP or are there passive crossovers behind some panel.).
My understanding is that this car uses a combination of passive and active. Also, I don't think the center is used for music at all. I think it is just for nav, but I have never heard it make a peep, though I have not tested it thoroughly yet.
Thanks in advance!
Can't help you with a wiring diagram but I know our 2019 Q7 Prestige pretty much ties your hands as far as audio upgrades go unless using a mObridge (Audison also carries a re-branded version).

Audi | mObridge

This should be step one in my opinion! And be prepared to open up your checkbook! Dave

·
Registered
589 Posts
Can't help you with a wiring diagram but I know our 2019 Q7 Prestige pretty much ties your hands as far as audio upgrades go unless using a mObridge (Audison also carries a re-branded version).

Audi | mObridge

This should be step one in my opinion! And be prepared to open up your checkbook! Dave
The Audi Q7 hasn't used MOST 25 in years. Only the NavTV Zen-V module will work in that vehicle.

As far as the 2015 A8 no manufacturer that I know of lists compatibility. The most likely option in the Helix SDMI25, but that compatibility has not been verified.

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
The Audi Q7 hasn't used MOST 25 in years. Only the NavTV Zen-V module will work in that vehicle.

As far as the 2015 A8 no manufacturer that I know of lists compatibility. The most likely option in the Helix SDMI25, but that compatibility has not been verified.
Thanks for setting the record straight. Not to derail but this is a copy & paste from NavTV where they reference MOST-150 (150 updated from 25?) in a 2019 Q7:

ZEN-V
Enhance your driving experience with ZEN-V MOST-150 processor. Convert MOST-150 audio bus to low level RCA and TOSLINK outputs. Compatible with Audi, Bentley with MIB infotainment systems and Porsche with PCM4.0 - PCM5.2 infotainment systems.

OP did check for your car too but no joy! Have you checked on audizine to see what guys are doing there for the A8?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for setting the record straight. Not to derail but this is a copy & paste from NavTV where they reference MOST-150 (150 updated from 25?) in a 2019 Q7:

ZEN-V
Enhance your driving experience with ZEN-V MOST-150 processor. Convert MOST-150 audio bus to low level RCA and TOSLINK outputs. Compatible with Audi, Bentley with MIB infotainment systems and Porsche with PCM4.0 - PCM5.2 infotainment systems.

OP did check for your car too but no joy! Have you checked on audizine to see what guys are doing there for the A8?
Yeah, I have checked everywhere. It seems that I have the hardest car on the planet to integrate with. A few people have said the JL Audio Fix/tWk combo will work, but then installers tell me it will not due to the all pass filter screwing up the phasing. An installer told me the only thing he has seen work was the Audison bitOne HD (no go on the regular bitOne, which many people have said is a POS, including some on AZ). Thanks for checking though!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts