DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm back with a new ride! So I've been installing new Polk audio speakers all around. Does anybody on here know where the stock crossovers are for the non Bose system in the 04 cab? I put the speakers in without the crossovers but I can't sleep at night knowing I didn't put them in... and second, for the speakers on the dash, I've heard they're tweets or they're mid/ full ranges, and they have 4 wires going into the speaker itself. It's only a 1inch. So if I can wire in tweeters how would it be done with 4 wires? I'm counting on you guys because I haven't gotten any help from anyone! Please lmk what y'all think!! Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I have no experience with your car, but I found this drawing over at Audi World Forum. ***I'm not sure if this is for non-Bose system***

It looks like there is a single bass-blocker capacitor built into the "bass" speakers (item R21 & R23) that blocks low freqs from the "midrange" speakers in this diagram.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for the response & chart! does anybody have direct knowledge of my questions in hand? possibly you own an audi and are more familiar with the way they wire up these darn cars??!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.