DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys been long time since I did care audio I want to do a 3 way setup in front with center channel and subs under seats. There is no room in the trunk or behind seats. I will be keeping oem and helix v12 for dsp amp

I was recently In a new 7 series which has bowers wilkins and I was shocked by the amount of base from 2 8” subs under seats

so please suggest a good subwoofer for under seat guessing I need a passive sub

my max space is 10x13 height 3 inches

I came across several not sure how they compare

diamond audio dpas10
Jbl fuse
Rockville ss8p
Rockford fosgate p300
Alpine pwdx5
infinity basslink sm2
Kicker 46HS10
kicker Hideaway® HS8
and cheap ska SK-SW8A

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is there really that much space under the seats? That seems like a ton of space given how compact the car is. If I were you, I'd give the JBL a try, given it's cost your risk is pretty minimal.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you are looking to simulate the BMW under seat woofers' performance, keep in mind that they all have decent sized enclosures built into the vehicle. Most are in the range of 12-15 liters or so, and tuned.

·
Registered
519 Posts
The best bass I have built in an R8 was a 10" woofer in the passenger side of the dash replacing the factory BOSE enclosure. Very little modification was needed and no space lost.

·
Registered
519 Posts
+1 on the JL! I've got to hand it you man, I've got an S4 and don't even have the ballz to tear apart the rear deck to upgrade my stock subwoofer.. let alone rip the entire dash out of an R8! (y)
It was likely on of the least expensive cars in the shop at the time.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Lol that's a ~$200,000 car.. what else you got in the shop?
We always had at least one McLaren, but usually 2-3, Bentleys, Rolls, Ferraris and Lambos were regular too, almost all heavily modified. And tons of Porsche too. I can't think of too many times we didn't have at least 1.5 mil in the bay.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
We always had at least one McLaren, but usually 2-3, Bentleys, Rolls, Ferraris and Lambos were regular too, almost all heavily modified. And tons of Porsche too. I can't think of too many times we didn't have at least 1.5 mil in the bay.
Wow! What kind of shop is this.. just car audio installation?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yes Sir. 12v electronics and interior. Tons of speed trap protection and audio.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts