DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Audible Physics has just released two new series.

1. Brahma 2.6 Active component set. This set includes a Ti2 2" Titanium Mid / hi driver paired along with a Brahma 6W woofer made of a Magnesium/Aluminum Cone. These are in limited supply. Use coupon code "Intro Brahma" for 15% off.

https://www.slaacoustics.com/collections/brahma-automotive-loudspeakers/products/brahma-2-6-active-component-set

2. AP 6.25PP mid bass woofers. These are a new and improved release of the old AR166 Ebony drivers. They are made of a Polypropylene cone which makes it a very smooth driver. It's also efficient at 89db per 1 watt. Easy to pair this with a low FS tweeter of your choice. Budget Friendly. Use coupon code "Intro Driver Series!!" for 25% off.

https://www.slaacoustics.com/collections/audible-physics-driver-series/products/audible-physics-6-25-pp

Also, there is a pair of RAM 2 A drivers floating around the US available for loan. They are on there way to Louisiana from Ohio. If anyone wants to get in line to try them, contact them at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Been interested in ap midranges as a full range, but always kind of put off by xmax and power handling..

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Not a dig on the products. More me fishing for other's thoughts on the matter.. :D

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
Yeah too many people get hung up on power ratings without knowing how those ratings were determined. I have some large format Usher tweets that are rated for 10 watts fullrange but they're some of the most heavy duty tweets I've ever seen, and weigh more than some midbass drivers I've handled. Another thing, most people don't realize how little power they're actually using real world.

I'd love to try those Ebony replacements. The original H-Audio Ebony were some mean midbass drivers.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
So, the 1way linear xmax of .5mm isn't an issue? This means crossing way higher than ideal imo. At least if I wanted to play them with a decent amount of volume.

Was looking at the ram3.

All for the sake of discussion.. but that doesn't seem right to me?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, the 1way linear xmax of .5mm isn't an issue? This means crossing way higher than ideal imo. At least if I wanted to play them with a decent amount of volume.

Was looking at the ram3.

All for the sake of discussion.. but that doesn't seem right to me?
Not an issue at all.
I run mine at 380 hz with a 12 db slope.
A fellow teamate runs his at 300hz. Not sure of the slope.

And they can get pretty loud and can hold it all together.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Not an issue at all.
I run mine at 380 hz with a 12 db slope.
A fellow teamate runs his at 300hz. Not sure of the slope.

And they can get pretty loud and can hold it all together.

10-4 Thanks. Just goes to show some mnfrs publish specs on the side of caution whereas some to get more sales.. :)

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
In a dedicated 3-way I took my Ram 2's down to 800hz with 75rms on each. Got plenty loud and they loved it. 800-5000 I think is what they were at there at the end. Had to open up the back of the 2" pvc ends in the dash and stuff with polyfil to get them to play cleanly that low though. Really, it's all about knowing what to listen for to tell if a speaker is in trouble.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I wonder how the AP 6.25PP's would stake up against my AP H6MB's???

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Does anyone know if the Barhma drivers, are going to be sold separately? I'm curious how the TI2 stack up tweeterless to the NZ3 AlBe.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Does anyone know if the Barhma drivers, are going to be sold separately? I'm curious how the TI2 stack up tweeterless to the NZ3 AlBe.
YES, you can order the 2Ti alone.

I am installing mine this week.. I am pairing it with a ID XS-69. It will be kind of a moving install, a small pod w/ long speaker leads so i can move it around and find the best location..

fs = 154.5, and xover at 500hz is possible.. I will be starting at 900hz with 6b slope..

It is just a tiny thing, it almost fits in the sailpanel tweeter location.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Would love to hear your feedback.

YES, you can order the 2Ti alone.

I am installing mine this week.. I am pairing it with a ID XS-69. It will be kind of a moving install, a small pod w/ long speaker leads so i can move it around and find the best location..

fs = 154.5, and xover at 500hz is possible.. I will be starting at 900hz with 6b slope..

It is just a tiny thing, it almost fits in the sailpanel tweeter location.

·
Registered
421 Posts
The Ti2 are available separately. Just email [email protected].
They are in a very limited supply.

I have the NZ3 AlBe in a competitor's car last year. To me, the AlBe had a beautiful sound and the details were amazing. The competitor loved them to but he felt he was missing something in the high frequencies. He thinks that it's because he felt one of his molded pillars were not on axis enough. To me, it was awesome and very smooth.

I listen to my set of the Ti2 last night on my desk. I must say they are very nice. Very detailed and smooth. In the car, I don't see a problem with this running tweeterless.

If I have time this week, I will attempt to build enclosures and maybe compare them.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Been interested in ap midranges as a full range, but always kind of put off by xmax and power handling..
I wouldn't be put off by anything from AP, when I added them to my SR6500 set (80w), night and day difference. I did not run them at full range though. Somewhere around 400-2500. But, zero complaints.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts