DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Bing,

Thanks again for all your hard work It has really paid off! All of the goals of the install were executed perfectly. I have to pry the keys out of my wife's hands to get into the drivers seat!.

A couple quick comments:

-Bing's work looks better in person than in pictures. I think his nickname should be "OEM". Its that clean.

-I first approached Bing 15 months ago about my install. He was very patient and came up with the best solution possible to meet my goals. We had some delays and equipment changes along the way but the wait was worth it.

-I couldn't be happier with the AP XR Duo. Originally the plan was to use the HAudio 3 way, but is was dicontinued. Having the ability to bring 300hz and up above the dash in one driver is REALLY nice.

Again, Bing is a true professional in every way. Everyone in the Bay Area is lucky to have the opportunity to have him as an installer.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I almost forgot to give my quick review of the AP XR DUO:

Disclaimer: I enjoy music, but I am by no means an expert or have golden ears. I would say most people on the forum have more experience than I do, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The Biggest compliment I can give the the AP XR Duo is that you just hear the music.

I'm sure we have all been in cars or listening to a home stereo where things sound OK at low levels, but when the volume is increased the sound becomes fatiguing or harsh.

With the XR Duo as you turn up the volume there is no fatigue on my ears, just the increase in volume. Its almost deceptive because you don't really realize that the volume is as high as it is. Smooth, detailed, and easy on the ears at all volume levels is how I would describe the sound.

I am very happy that Bing made the suggestion to use these drvers in my install. Kudos to Mark Brooks for providing the audio community with such a high quality product.

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,940 Posts
I almost forgot to give my quick review of the AP XR DUO:

Disclaimer: I enjoy music, but I am by no means an expert or have golden ears. I would say most people on the forum have more experience than I do, so take my comments with a grain of salt.

The Biggest compliment I can give the the AP XR Duo is that you just hear the music.

I'm sure we have all been in cars or listening to a home stereo where things sound OK at low levels, but when the volume is increased the sound becomes fatiguing or harsh.

With the XR Duo as you turn up the volume there is no fatigue on my ears, just the increase in volume. Its almost deceptive because you don't really realize that the volume is as high as it is. Smooth, detailed, and easy on the ears at all volume levels is how I would describe the sound.

I am very happy that Bing made the suggestion to use these drvers in my install. Kudos to Mark Brooks for providing the audio community with such a high quality product.
Sir I extremely happy your happy with the XR Duo. I'm just as happy you gave a unknown brand a chance. The Support my Diyma have shown me i just can't begin to say how it makes me feel and every time I hear a great review it just near bring my to tears and that is real. To see all the hard work of me and my designer/builder pay off in the effort to bring you guys great and new and exciting products.

All I can say is Thank You to everyone that has supported H-Audio / Audible Physics and we will do our best to keep improving on the designs and to bring you world class transducer and to give great deals when every we can.

Just know this sir, they will get a even better with a little more play time. The XR Duo is a special set of drivers. Where both drivers are a 3" Super wide-band and a 6.5" Ultra Wide-Band. Xtended Range Duo:D

Please continue to enjoy the music and my just as excited to hear your wife likes the system also. Now that is when you know the install has done an amazing job. When the wife doesn't what to stop listening. Much praise to Mr. Bing as always great job.

Audible Physics
"Music At Its Purest"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sir I extremely happy your happy with the XR Duo. I'm just as happy you gave a unknown brand a chance.
HAHA...Don't call me "Sir". It makes me feel old.;) I'm only 34.

Thanks again for the excellent products. I wish you the best of luck as your company grows:thumbsup:

·
"Authentic to the Music"
1,940 Posts
HAHA...Don't call me "Sir". It makes me feel old.;) I'm only 34.

Thanks again for the excellent products. I wish you the best of luck as your company grows:thumbsup:
You know everyone tells me to stop calling them sir, Old habits hard to brake being in the US Army. But it is more of a respect thing for me. As you are the guys spending your hard earn money on products and on my products at that and I will do my best to show you as much respect as I can. Age has no baring on you being a Sir, it's what you do in life and how you treat others that does:D.

Any question you many have feel free to contact me at anytime. I here to support my dealers and the end user as much as humanly possible.

So thank you sir, Man done it again sorry:D:laugh::blush: for you kind words.

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Great install Bing. I can't wait to get some seat time in this car (assuming Cdub is cool with it) and get it dialed in before Autorama. Anyone that is planning to go/compete in this MECA event is welcome to swing by my house the night prior as I will be tuning some cars. Bing, Aubrey, and I will all be there.

Zach

·
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
for me, i either do just the doors and some in the trunk, other vital areas depending on the car. and/or rear deck (if there is one) or...i strip the entire car and do it all, in between it just a lot of labor and materials with less than significant results.

i think its best to have the customer spend money on things that count the most towards overall enjoyment.

but yeah this car had a ton of damping stock wise. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Zach,

I would really appreciate it if you want take a listen to the MDX and help dial it in. As we get closer to the date of the show let me know what works best for you, as far as when to meet up.

Chris

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
Zach,

I would really appreciate it if you want take a listen to the MDX and help dial it in. As we get closer to the date of the show let me know what works best for you, as far as when to meet up.

Chris
Chris,

Just let me know what works for you. Between Bing being a friend of mine and me being part of the H-Audio/Audible Physics team I will clear time in my schedule to help out. It's the least I can do.

Zach

·
Registered
72 Posts
I had the pleasure of hearing this car last week in the early tuning stages and all I can say is wow. I have no regrets about my decision to buy these drivers, can't wait to have them installed by Bing in march.

·
Registered
30 Posts
You have some amazing installs. The next car I get I will give you a ring. I spend days trying to install and it doesn't look nearly as good as yours. Very impressive. Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Bing, I hate you! We have an 01' MDX as our family car and I've been wanting to do that exact same thing with ours. But, the wife says no!

Install is amazing as usual. Nice work bud!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Bing, I wanted to thank you for your design/post. I was able to replicate (albeit probably not as good) your design and I'm really pleased with the results! I'd post pictures/links but it says I need more posts :)

61 - 80 of 113 Posts