·
Registered
1,017 Posts
^^

This is a Great Way to pay homage.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
I like how you mounted that sub, that was very simple and effective.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i registered on this site just because of this post. This is so awesome. I am no carpenter but I figure things out and do them myself. This job though is really tough. I wish you lived on the east coast. preferrably columbus oh to assist me in doing this mod to by MDX.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
i registered on this site just because of this post. This is so awesome. I am no carpenter but I figure things out and do them myself. This job though is really tough. I wish you lived on the east coast. preferrably columbus oh to assist me in doing this mod to by MDX.
I'm east coast but thats like a 15 hour drive for me :p plus i'm not quite as handy as these gentleman. if you want any tips we're all more than happy to answer any specific questions you have (granted in your own thread ;) )

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am looking for something similar. Can you create an enclosure for the sub for me? I have a 2010 but i think its pretty much the same and should fit no problem. Let me know if you can do it and how much it would be.

·
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
I am looking for something similar. Can you create an enclosure for the sub for me? I have a 2010 but i think its pretty much the same and should fit no problem. Let me know if you can do it and how much it would be.
sorry i cannot...i dont hvae a MDX to work with and this is something that really needs to be built in the car anyway.

b

·
Registered
555 Posts
Bing, as usual really clean nice work!is that a cypress clock on your wall?does it work?i used to use a lot of the zapco, mostly the ag series when they were being produced.

Bardo,nice work neighbor,are you going to that meet in sept. Russ's shop.the more the merrier!

Bing also nice job documenting,I've done a lot of that in the past I know what a pain it is.i hope everybody appreciates the detail.the more people interested in audio the better!

·
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
Bing, as usual really clean nice work!is that a cypress clock on your wall?does it work?i used to use a lot of the zapco, mostly the ag series when they were being produced.

Bardo,nice work neighbor,are you going to that meet in sept. Russ's shop.the more the merrier!

Bing also nice job documenting,I've done a lot of that in the past I know what a pain it is.i hope everybody appreciates the detail.the more people interested in audio the better!

its uh some type of clock :) left there by my land lord :) it used to work before it ran out of battery like 3 years ago hehe.

b

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks Bing I have an 03 MDX I'm going to be starting on in a few weeks and this has given me some great ideas. I can hardly wait to see how much room I have in the upper dash and in the center console. I'm looking for a good place to mount some JL 6w3's. Also want to run a center in the dash with the Audio Control ESP-3.
One question can you point me in a good direction to find vinyl match for my dash, My MDX is Black on Black.

·
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
its really hard to be honset, i have a bunch of sample books and i just flip through and find the closest match both color and pattern, sometimes, you cant find the right color, in that case, the best way is to get a pattern that match and go to your local body shop supply place and have them mix you some SEM in a can and dye it.

b

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks, I wish I had more store fronts locally.
One more question :)
When glassing to plastic panels such as a pilliars or kick panels do you think bulldog would work as a good for a adhesion promoter so the glass would stick? About a year ago I tryed to use stock plastics in a set of pods and the glass didnt really stick. I thought maybe if I used the bulldog it would. Bulldog if your not familiar is used to prep plastic/abs for paint prep.
Love the blue plastic trick, 15 years ago i used that card board panel seem cover for wall paneling but didnt quite work as well as the "blue plastic" I love stories that start with "back in the day"

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Thanks, I wish I had more store fronts locally.
One more question :)
When glassing to plastic panels such as a pilliars or kick panels do you think bulldog would work as a good for a adhesion promoter so the glass would stick? About a year ago I tryed to use stock plastics in a set of pods and the glass didnt really stick. I thought maybe if I used the bulldog it would. Bulldog if your not familiar is used to prep plastic/abs for paint prep.
Love the blue plastic trick, 15 years ago i used that card board panel seem cover for wall paneling but didnt quite work as well as the "blue plastic" I love stories that start with "back in the day"
you have to rough the area up and sometimes drill small holes for the stuff to grab to...

·
Registered
26 Posts
you have to rough the area up and sometimes drill small holes for the stuff to grab to...
Yeah I tried cleaning it with a wax/ degreaser prep and then roughed it up with 60 grit but no drilled holes. I thought about drilling after of coarse "after".
I have some extra kick and apillar panels from my junk yard of dc5 parts im going to experiment with the bulldog multiple coats and then a good high build primer and of coarse some small drill holes and a roughed up surface.
im on my way now to Joanne for some "ponte" material.

·
4,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
the drilling through the hole is one way to do it, but i find that if you rough it up good, and allow the filler to harden completely first near the joints, it does fine, but the hole and push filler thru method is tried and true. :)

b

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has been the inspiration for my install. Using some JL slash series amps, Cleansweep with CL-SSI, and some high energy hertz speakers. Copied the sub enclosure install, turned out great!

81 - 100 of 113 Posts