DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I really like this build. As the new owner of a 2012 MDX, I'll try and replicate that sub inclosure. This is an old build log, but thanks for the detail log.

·
Registered
17,756 Posts
the good ol' days of bings driveway installs. that sub enclosure is pretty creative

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
the good ol' days of bings driveway installs. that sub enclosure is pretty creative
Yea, The key word is i'll "try"
I just got an extra sub enclosure I picked up online for cheap. So I'll experiment and see what happens. I have no idea what sub to go with. I was thinking about the 10tw3, but not sure if the output will be satisfactory. The 10w6 is a little out of my budget, but i'll see what happens within the next few weeks. I figured I'll start build it and leave the sub cut-out for last.

·
Registered
17,756 Posts
Hey hey now...i never installed in the driveway.. :p
sorry, two car garage lol. did you actually have all the room you needed? because i only have very basic tools, and i already have no room for anything else in my garage.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Fantastic install, as everyone else has already stated! Out of curiosity, what spray dampener and rubberized undercoat do you prefer for the stock enclosure? I'm thinking of ONLY using the stock enclosure, some polyfill, and the Kenwood KFC-XW800F 8" Subwoofer for my 2011 Acura MDX. Saw a video on YouTube of a 2010 install that used that and emailed the installer. Sounds like it worked out very well.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Bing! Hoping you're still around as this is the closest post I've found to what I'm attempting here soon. I just bought a 2012 Acura MDX with ELS etc. The whole nine yards with nav (wish I could've gotten a base model, but the deal was too good to pass up). Your photo links all appear broken, so first off I was wondering if you'd be willing to do me, and anyone else who comes across thisa solid, and upload an album here or somewhere easy like imgur.

So, I've got an Arc Audio PS8 DSP (the older one), an arc audio XDI 600.4, and a Zapco ST-1650XM II which was powering a large box I built, with an image Dynamics sub in it. I've been searching for many hours on many forums trying to figure out the best way to install this stuff, I'd like to utilize my DSP if possible, and replace the speakers too (idk about ALL TEN, but I like the way you did yours so maybe that'll be the route for speakers..)

So my questions are, after doing this install once, what would you recommend I do re: the speakers and dsp? And do you have any links, photos, or resources you'd be willing to share? I'm an ex installer, so I've got experience, just never has to deal with this damn ELS setup. Sounds like summing won't be an issue, but I'm just at a loss about what I should do with this dsp. It seems to me it's be best to install it if I'm running aftermarket speakers etc. But I really just don't know at this point.
.Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and if you help me sort this out a bit, I'll be forever in your debt.

Thanks a ton for your time Bing! And I hope to hear back!

Matt

·
Registered
261 Posts
There should be an annual forum drive to contribute to an image fund whereby we collectively pay to have images displayed. I wanna see :)

101 - 113 of 113 Posts