DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy always has some smoking deals on amps. You could pick up a 65x4 amp and a 100x2 amp for $100+shipping, or 85x4 and 150x2 for $140+shipping. He's usually very good with combining shipping too. Can't get a better budget amp IMO, and he warranty's it for 30 days, which is 30 days longer than anywhere else on ebay, lol.

eBay Store - Audio Clinic: Category 1

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I've bought from this guy before and can vouch that he's legit. Good guy to deal with IME.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thumbs up for me too.

I had a great experience dealing with Audio Clinic. Great price, quick shipment, and a great amplifier (USA 6300).

·
Registered
404 Posts
Audio Clinic has great value. I bought a 2100 for a steal and it came in the original box and the instructions. Condition was far better than I expected, maybe 8.5/10 and it is working flawlessly in my TL. I just got a 4085 which I have absolutely no use for at the moment...but I could'nt pass up the great buy. :D Recommended!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Praise for AudioClinic as I have now received my third amp from him and feel I got the better end of each transaction.
double post

·
Registered
92 Posts
Has anyone ever had any problems with Mike @ Audio Clinic?

I recently tried to purchase a ZED made USX4085 from him.
When I opened up the amp to take a look at the board there was nothing stating it was made by ZED.
Another DIYMA member purchased one a while ago, so I contacted him to ask if his USX4085 had the "Handcrafter by ZED Audio in the USA" stamp on it, which he replied with a YES.
I also e-mailed Mike with this query and he replied:
=========
Hello Paul,

It is the correct amp. As I mentioned the amps are nearly identical.

You can tell this is a ZED amp by the following

The end panels say made in the USA
The insulators under the power devices are cryotherm where the Korean amps used the gray Fuji tape
The yellow inspection sticker with the name VU still works for Steven Mantz to this day on a part time basis.
Other components/parts (such as the orange capacitors) were only used on the US models

I know this because I worked at ZED Audio for 14 years
However, if you are not satisfied and want to return the amp, I will issue you a full refund

Best regards,

Mike
Audio Clinic
============
I also sent the pictures of the board to Steve Mantz over at ZED and he confirmed that it was a Korean copy.

So I've mailed back the amp for a return which the USPS tracking number shows that it was received 2 days ago and have yet to hear one word from Mike @ Audio Clinic.

Hence my query about his rep....
I did however purchase a USX2080 made by ZED Audio from him a few years ago which is why I went on blind faith on purchasing a ZED made USX4085 from him.

·
Tuning is everything.
2,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Has anyone ever had any problems with Mike @ Audio Clinic?

I recently tried to purchase a ZED made USX4085 from him.
When I opened up the amp to take a look at the board there was nothing stating it was made by ZED.
Another DIYMA member purchased one a while ago, so I contacted him to ask if his USX4085 had the "Handcrafter by ZED Audio in the USA" stamp on it, which he replied with a YES.
I also e-mailed Mike with this query and he replied:
=========
Hello Paul,

It is the correct amp. As I mentioned the amps are nearly identical.

You can tell this is a ZED amp by the following

The end panels say made in the USA
The insulators under the power devices are cryotherm where the Korean amps used the gray Fuji tape
The yellow inspection sticker with the name VU still works for Steven Mantz to this day on a part time basis.
Other components/parts (such as the orange capacitors) were only used on the US models

I know this because I worked at ZED Audio for 14 years
However, if you are not satisfied and want to return the amp, I will issue you a full refund

Best regards,

Mike
Audio Clinic
============
I also sent the pictures of the board to Steve Mantz over at ZED and he confirmed that it was a Korean copy.

So I've mailed back the amp for a return which the USPS tracking number shows that it was received 2 days ago and have yet to hear one word from Mike @ Audio Clinic.

Hence my query about his rep....
I did however purchase a USX2080 made by ZED Audio from him a few years ago which is why I went on blind faith on purchasing a ZED made USX4085 from him.
Wow, seems like a massive waste of time.

However, I'm sure he'll be refunding your money.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mike just refunded for the return of the amp.
Mike was very professional and I really appreciate his understanding.
I have no hesitation to purchase another amp from him.

I just wish it was an actual ZED Audio USX4085. Bummer.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've bought a few amps from audio clinic too. They all came well packaged and i have never had any problems with any of the amps i've bought from him.

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
I bought one of these amps from him as well. It has now been in 4 cars as a loaner amp, it is currently in my roomates car (been there for 2 yrs) and is still beating on 2 10" subs. I cannotsay a bad thing about this guy. These amps are BETTER then what you think,thats for sure!

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
bought 4 of them...sold 2 of them to my neighbor... not long after one of them just up and quit. I contacted Audio and he told me to send it back and he would take care of it no charge..

my dumb neighbor still has it cause it didnt have the money to pay for shipping it at the time. He is now using the new in box JBL I got here from REXROAD ....

my 2 I sold later on down the road.

but I would buy from again no doubt.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts