DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Audio Development drivers?

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  DS-21 
#1 ·
Anyway...

In my quest to build a great sounding 3-way front stage I am narrowing down my choices for a small format tweeter and 4" total diameter mid to mate with my Extremis midbass. Npdang has recommended the LPG silk tweets and the Aura NS3. While these are great choices, I happened across Audio Development drivers. Does anyone have any experience with these? They look pricey especially their gorgous looking MM series. Just wanted to know how these might sound with 100Wx4 going to them.

#2 ·
I still have a pair of Audio Development CX6s (I believe). They were 6.5" coaxials with outboard crossovers. They were pretty nice, but I don't know how good they really sounded, nor how good the install was, because I was very much a noob to car audio last time I had a chance to hear them.

They may be going in my brothers car shortly, though.

#3 ·
wow a 4.5" driver with 10mm xmax and 89 db??

wheres the graph though all they have is the impedance graph

and wow that 100r tweets look real small to be able to play down to 1k smooth like that? ??

I bet they are a ton o money

how did you find those?

the lpgs are sweet man seriously , Im on my second set lol

and Im going to test the auras tonight in my house real quick lol

#4 ·
newtitan said:
wow a 4.5" driver with 10mm xmax and 89 db??

how did you find those?
Yeah, those specs jumped out at me too. Someone mentioned over at EAC that they were a dealer of different high line companies and mentioned AD.

newtitan said:
the lpgs are sweet man seriously , Im on my second set lol

and Im going to test the auras tonight in my house real quick lol
Are you on your second set because of them blown or just another set? I would love to hear a second opinion on those Aura NS3's. Please start another thread with your opinions!

#8 ·
I wonder if AD’s drivers are OEM’ed by the Italian firm ATD. For the EU hobbyist market make the Veravox drivers for Cantare and do a few drivers for Expolinear under their own name. For the US market they made the Zellaton that Andre Perrault (e-speakers.com) used to sell.

ATD makes (made?) a small spiral planar tweeter (used commercially by Genesis) that I’m very fond of. They bought the design from Philips. However, I’ve never seen a compact neo version of it. If this tweet is that version, I want a pair for my NS3 nearfield towers! Anyone have any idea on the price of these things?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.