DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have experience with this company specifically their amplifiers? all i can tell about them... they have an old designer from zed audio. pretty much the same footprint as phoenix gold's SX series amplifiers. a shop near me recommended these amplifiers to me. i have no experience with them at all. any input would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I am currently building a T-line box that Pete designed for me. I had one other box designed by him 5 years ago that was great. It seems to me that people that have never worked with or used their stuff come out of the woodwork to bash them, but most people who use their products are very happy. i have only used the design services so i can't speak to the amps sorry.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What specific are you wanting to know?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
i'd like to know their noise ratio does it do its rated power if not more... does it sound dynamic... from what i see their pretty much clones of phoenix gold. i guess when you deal directly withdealers you going to pay more so is it worth paying extra versus going with a company like NVX that provides the same amount of power and they are also d class amplifiers...

what's so special about audio dynamics versus nvx?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am currently building a T-line box that Pete designed for me. I had one other box designed by him 5 years ago that was great. It seems to me that people that have never worked with or used their stuff come out of the woodwork to bash them, but most people who use their products are very happy. i have only used the design services so i can't speak to the amps sorry.
you dont hear much about Pete stuff anymore. I see he posts on social media but it looks like he complete stepped away from box designs. I have one of his designs from years back. People did love to hate on Pete designs. Back then, he was more expensive and I used to read all these people that could do better designs for far cheaper. At one point I was trying to get him to for a 6th order he did for a set of 6.5 subs. He never responded and I moved on as it seems that is not the business he wants to deal any any longer. What is the T line you are building?

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
you dont hear much about Pete stuff anymore. I see he posts on social media but it looks like he complete stepped away from box designs. I have one of his designs from years back. People did love to hate on Pete designs. Back then, he was more expensive and I used to read all these people that could do better designs for far cheaper. At one point I was trying to get him to for a 6th order he did for a set of 6.5 subs. He never responded and I moved on as it seems that is not the business he wants to deal any any longer. What is the T line you are building?
he started designing boxes again. I am putting my 2 Audiomobile 8's into a box he designed on monday. Wood is all cut, i will let you know how it compares to the current ported box. they are in now.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
he started designing boxes again. I am putting my 2 Audiomobile 8's into a box he designed on monday. Wood is all cut, i will let you know how it compares to the current ported box. they are in now.

that would be great. In you case we could a/b the new enclosure from the old with the same subs. I also remember some people were not happy with the designs he sent them. For a while he was known as they guy that make these very different alignments and his fee was higher. Some people ended up with standard ported boxes and were upset because they could have gotten the designs for a ported far cheaper or free compared to his design fee. I guess if you think you are going to end up with some wacky bandpass t line and get a ported, I could see how some might get upset.

·
Premium Member
3,693 Posts
how about these amps? LOL
How does their spec sheet compare with the NVX?
If they're to be believed then I would start there, rather than hearing testimonials from people offering their perspective.

Did you see what I did here?)

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
you're right. right now i'm looking at zapco 6 channel ST sq series
Thats fine, but the ST series is well over half the price of the ADP 1500.6 and almost half the output. Sp make sure you are comparing apples to apples. For the same money and power as the ADP 1500.6 (and i am not saying you need it ), this would be a nice amp. I know nothing about the seller, so i am not vouching for him.

Or if you wanted to stay with class D...

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thats fine, but the ST series is well over half the price of the ADP 1500.6 and almost half the output. Sp make sure you are comparing apples to apples. For the same money and power as the ADP 1500.6 (and i am not saying you need it ), this would be a nice amp. I know nothing about the seller, so i am not vouching for him.

Or if you wanted to stay with class D...

Zapco you would run channels 1 and 2 for left and right Tweeter at 100w and then you would bridge channel 3 4 5 and 6 for 300 watts on each channel for the mid woofers. that sounds like plenty of power for me

1 - 20 of 27 Posts