DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
How would that be wired if I got say the
JL Audio CS212G-W6v3
You’d wire it directly since this is a pre-built enclosure and it says it has a 4-ohm impedance. So one set of wires going from pos/neg on the amp to pos/neg on the sub box. This is how they are wired internally in the box.

You’d be better off finding dual 2 ohm subs or a version with dual 2 ohm subs so you could wire to 2 ohms and get the most out of your amp. Or get a subwoofer amp that is rated for 1 ohm output and rewire the box down to 1 ohm.

Here’s how to figure out what wiring you can do based on amp capability and subwoofers.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
hmmm, thats what makes that slash amp nice, auto matchs and still gives the same power
That would indeed work but often those regulated amps don’t put out as much as some other amps at 2 ohm. But these are part of the system design choices matching amps and subs and requirements. But if the Slash gives the power you want, that is a perfectly good piece of equipment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
hmm ok. I also was looking into better speakers and came across the Morel Hybrid 502 speakers. What do you guys think of those compared to the others? They also fit in my door without modding it :)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts