DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and it looked like 2016-2017 was the last bit of info. Has anybody heard anything on Audio Frog DSP? Has it been scrapped or still in development?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
It's in development but it will take some time, that's what I got from Andy when I talked to him not to long ago.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
This topic comes-up every year...
He teased us with his incredible Mercedes build, which had 'magical processing' built into a multi-channel amp.
But then he never released the actual 'magic' to the public...
  • I wanted it back in late 2016, when I first saw it.
  • Got tired of waiting by 2018, and bought a DSP-Pro MkII.
  • Got tired of waiting by 2020, and bought a DSP-Ultra.
  • Probably buy Andy's, when he eventually releases it... (if that ever happens)

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
It's in development but it will take some time, that's what I got from Andy when I talked to him not to long ago.
I have to wonder, given how long this is taking, how much of the DSP has had to change (from it's original specification) because the competition has moved forward and that the longer lead time is because of them having to in some ways revert back to the drawing board.

The reason I say this is that back in 2017 I got a demo in a car running the Audiofrog DSP, given that unit was working perfectly, I listened in both driver and passengers seat, it had to be close to being finalized and not far off from release. The hardware was clearly functional, I would assume that software was also at least in some form functional, so there has to be some reason behind what is now closing in on 3 years of additional development time. This is my opinion only, but to me that says they are having to change some fairly fundamental aspects of it in order for it to compete with the likes of the DSP-Ultra, 8x12DL etc.

·
Registered
17,884 Posts
The reason it's taken so long is because the company hes working with to make it is MUCH larger than one would possibly imagine. He knows the guys from his time at Harman and they are essentially doing him a favor with how small potatoes audiofrog is vs the million or so quantity orders they fulfill regularly. They work on it with him when they dont have massive orders to fulfill, which isnt often. But I saw an actual prototype at knowledgefest this year, not his one off amp.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts