DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what thoughts were on using this box..

1 X 10" SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURE 1.0 CF - Sky High Car Audio

It would just be more efficient for me to purchase a box.. vs trying to have a local shop build one.

I know the recommended volume is 1CF By Audio frog.. but I am not sure if that includes the sub displacement or not.. If not then this would be a bit undersized.. otherwise it seems as if it would be good?

The sub itself would be getting ~600 watts from an Arc Audio 1200.6

Thoughts on how well this would work?

Thank You!

· Registered
8,016 Posts
That box appears to be tuned to 39 Hz, which is rather high for SQ purposes in general and would likely be very peaky, especially given AF's much more SQ-oriented 33 Hz Fb recommendation.

Modeling in WinISD would illustrate this.
Download WinISD for free: WinISD - Linearteam

Reputable subwoofer manufacturer cabinet volume recommendations are generally listed as net volume (not including driver, bracing and port displacement).

For best SQ results I would very closely adhere to AF box specs, particularly for vented/ported:
https://www.audiofrog.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/GB-Series-Subwoofer-Manual.pdf

· Registered
86 Posts
GB10D2 in 1 ft^3 net at 33 Hz
View attachment 327220

GB10D2 in 1 ft^3 net at 39 Hz
View attachment 327221
So I tried my crack at winISD to model a potential sub vs what I had before, after entering the T/S parameters from AF for the GB10 the program said something like "Sub Check Failed or Invalid" or something like that, would you be able to share the parameters you used?

· Registered
8,016 Posts
So I tried my crack at winISD to model a potential sub vs what I had before, after entering the T/S parameters from AF for the GB10 the program said something like "Sub Check Failed or Invalid" or something like that, would you be able to share the parameters you used?
WinISD is finicky about parameter entry. I always enter only Qes, Qms, Fs, Re, Vas, Xmax, BL, in that order, and let the program calculate and auto-fill everything else. To be sure auto-fill is happening, I always click into another parameter box before clicking into the corresponding parameter box to enter the next parameter, and after entering the final parameter. Also, it is vital to observe and set the correct unit of measure.

Here are the T/S specs I have for GB10D2:
Qes 0.54
Qms 8.77
Fs 31 Hz
Re 1.0
Vas 30 L
Xmax 17.6 mm
BL 7.65 Tm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.