DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone listened to these yet? would like to read a review on these or any other component 6x9's besides the Image dynamic set. or better yet a nice 6x9 round up would be even better since so many cars now use this size up front.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
I'm in the same boat.

These look interesting as well

Morel Tempo Ultra 692

handles up to 140 watts RMS (250 watts peak power)
frequency response: 35-22,000 Hz
sensitivity: 92 dB at 2.83 V
woofer mounting depth: 3-7/16"

Kickers look not bad for their price point

Kicker 43CSS694

6"x9" polypropylene woofers with polyester foam surrounds
3/4" titanium dome tweeters
external crossover network with 3 tweeter levels (0, +3, +6 dB)
handles up to 150 watts RMS (450 watts peak power)
frequency response: 30-21,000 Hz
sensitivity: 90 dB
top-mount depth: 3-3/16"

These are probably not bad

CDT HD-690COM

Frequency response: 30Hz-20,000Hz
Power handling: 200WRMS HPF 100Hz
Impedance: 4 ohms
Sensitivity: 90.7dB

·
Premium Member
9,144 Posts
I don't think the Audiofrog GS690s are even available yet. They are still listed as pre-order on Crutchfield. I would try reaching out to your local dealer if you have one.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I don't believe the GS690 is shipping yet. Not liking the available 6x9's otherwise I decided to try the Stevens Audio MB8's. They sure look up to the task!

Eric

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
AAAAAAA let me add to that nice list of speakers id like to read a review on

Attachments

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am searching for a pair of pioneer TS-D6902R just so i play around with them and run them active and mate them to my favorite tweeters. i can either remove the mounted tweeter or just leave it as i will be using a external x-over to by pass the tweeter. I love the mid-bass from these, just wish pioneer had made a set of 6x9 components.

Attachments

·
Registered
561 Posts
Im in the same boat with my Ram.I do like the Pioneers but I dont have eq to run a seperate tweeter which i want to do.Maybe somebody has listen to some of the speakers above and can comment.

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
Didn't Andy say there was a midbass specific GS 6x9" coming out?

Edit: Oh nope, it wasn't just a misbass it was this one.

We won't have an 8" for doors any time soon, but we will have a GS690 (6x9 woofer) designed for use with a GS10 and a GS610C crossover or in active systems. I'll place an order as soon as I've finished the owner's manual.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I'm very happy with the GS series. Running the GS60 and GS10 with a TWK88. Very smooth and easy to tune. Plenty of solid midbass out of the 60. I'm sure the 690's will be just as good, if not better.

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
GS690 is now available at crutchfield. Also see that the Hybrid Audio unity 6x9" is now available in the 2-ohm shallow mount version.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is this possible for your set up ? making an adapter for a 6.5 ..
But why? When you have a chance to use a bigger cone area like a 6x9, why would you move to a 6.5"? Besides maybe speaker selection?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd do a 8" before I go to a 6.5". You give up so much mid-bass potential. After I ran a pair of sls 8" mid-bass, I can never go back if a 6x9 or 8" is an option. I would love to see a comparison of 6.5" vs a 6x9 from the same brand and series. I suspect the 6x9 would be superior in bass, and beeming if the driver is oriented correctly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
But why? When you have a chance to use a bigger cone area like a 6x9, why would you move to a 6.5"? Besides maybe speaker selection?
I agree with you
suggestion was based on speaker selection... seemed like you didnt want to wait to be able to get the 6x9 option..

I'm all for more cone area and more oomph..

1 - 20 of 37 Posts