DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m upgrading the 6x9 mid bass speakers in my 2020 Charger. I’m looking at the Audio Frog GS690 for 329.00 or the Image Dynamics X69 for 399.00. They will get about 75wpc. I’ve used ID products in the past,but not these, and I was impressed with them. I’ve never used an Audio Frog product but you don’t see many bad reviews on any of their stuff. I listen to mainly hard rock and heavy metal. Opinions? Anyone selling either of these?

· Registered
2016 Gmc Sierra SLT
198 Posts
I recently installed a 3 way Audiofrog setup in my vehicle, gs690, gs25 and gs10. The gs690's have 300 watts per channel available to use (must use control and proper crossover slopes with that much power) i cannot say enough good things about them. Install them properly and give them some power and they won't disappoint!

Reactions: Socalstangman

· Registered
114 Posts
I recently installed a 3 way Audiofrog setup in my vehicle, gs690, gs25 and gs10. The gs690's have 300 watts per channel available to use (must use control and proper crossover slopes with that much power) i cannot say enough good things about them. Install them properly and give them some power and they won't disappoint!
What slope are you using on your dsp i to have them in doors of gmc sierra just curious i love mine as well

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,901 Posts
I don't think you will be disappointed. Andy is a wealth of knowledge as well, the support alone is worth the price of admission.
Definately, you can almost throw the speaker off a cliff and he will still replace it for you... But on top of that i've tried many speakers from different high end brands and the frogs are literally some of the best. They hold up against almost anything out there..

I would do GS690, GB25, GB10

· Registered
133 Posts
If I remember correctly those image dynamic x69's sound good but don't hold up to moisture in the doors.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have been leaning towards putting the Audio Frog GS10, GS25, and GS60 in my 2018 Charger as front stage. I looked at the the GS690 but thought GS60 maybe the better option incase I ever want to put into a different car later down the road.

Does anyone know if the GS690 sound a lot better then the GS60?

Is there any other option to order Audio Frog online other than Crutchfield?

· Registered
278 Posts
Does anyone know if the GS690 sound a lot better then the GS60?

Is there any other option to order Audio Frog online other than Crutchfield?
Based of the specs the GS690 is 3db more efficient and handles 100rms vs 70rms of the GS60. The GS690 has almost twice this linear displacement. Don't know if it will sound a lot better but it won't have to work as hard as the GS60 for the same output and won't be as easy to over drive. The GS690 most likely has lower distortion but it may be hard to hear the difference using it as a pure midbass. I'd personally go with the largest midbass that will fit.

PM @Niebur3, he's an authorized dealer.

Reactions: OzAudioGmc

· Registered
1,901 Posts
You could also just step up to the gb60 if budget allows.
I almost feel like due to the increased cone area that the GS690 might well be as good or better than the GB60 for strictly midbass... not sure about the distortion and linearity of the frequency repsonse but i imagine it has got to be pretty decent considering all the testing i have seen on the GB products are outstanding. I cant imagine the GS being anything but impressive as well for its respective price point..

· Banned
811 Posts
I almost feel like due to the increased cone area that the GS690 might well be as good or better than the GB60 for strictly midbass... not sure about the distortion and linearity of the frequency repsonse but i imagine it has got to be pretty decent considering all the testing i have seen on the GB products are outstanding. I cant imagine the GS being anything but impressive as well for its respective price point..
Well, no. The GB60 is a much better driver. If you won't have a subwoofer, then the GS690 will make more bass. If you will have a sub and can afford the GB60 instead, that's the way to go. 2" coil, neo motor, shorting ring, more excursion capability.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.