DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone,

So I have been having problems with my audio set up that I did some months ago. I had infinity components where the right front speaker blew on me, I have sinced replaced both up front speakers with a set of polk component speakers. However, now the left front speaker seems to have blown on me. On top of that I have two 8 Inch kickers that I feel are not providing the proper sound. This is all powered by 1 5channel amp, a rockford fosgate.

Here are the specs:

Rockford Fosgate (R600-5 Prime amp) -

4 Load Per Channel 50Watts x 4 + 200Watts x 1
2 Load Per Channel 75Watts x 4 + 300Watts x 1
4 Load Bridged 150Watts x 2 + n/a

(4 channels class a/b 5th is a class D)

Front components are Polk Audio DB6501 - 4 OHM

100 Watt RMS 300 Watt Peak 92db rating

Rear speakers Are Polk Audio Coaxial - DB651

60 watt RMS 180 Watt peak 92db rating

Kicker subwoofers (8inch) - 100watts RMS 200 watts peak (each) Single coil.

I am also using a Audio Control EQS and the LC6i.

As far as the Wiring im using your basic kit AMP kit. I forget the brand, but the speaker wires are between 16gauge to 18 gauge.

It looks like I might be underpowering my components and overpowering my Sub, if this is the case and nothing else what should I be looking for as far as amps are concerned??

Any and all help and/or opinions appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
You can not underpower speakers to blow them, but you can send a clipped signal to your amp and send distortion to the speakers with improper gain structure. I can see how the EQS and LC6i as well as gains on the amp and/or your source unit might be the problem. Start researching how to set gains properly

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can not underpower speakers to blow them, but you can send a clipped signal to your amp and send distortion to the speakers with improper gain structure. I can see how the EQS and LC6i as well as gains on the amp and/or your source unit might be the problem. Start researching how to set gains properly
I'll Definitely do that,

do you think based on the information provided that everything matches ok? OHMS and watts etc.. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I used to run a RF punch 600a5 wich is 50W x 4 into 4 ohms plus 200 watts for a sub.
Powerd Polk MMs in a minivan. Loud as hell and never blew anything.
Maybe you are not running your speakers with a high pass setting? Things should be pretty loud before they blow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts