DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed a Kenwood x995 in my 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I can hear audio when I have on the radio, but if I switch to anything else (tried CD, BT, iPod/USB) I cannot hear anything. Any ideas on what went wrong here?

·
Registered
211 Posts
It sounds like you used the power antenna wire (solid blue wire) to energize the factory amp. If you disconnect that wire from your harness and hook up the blue/white wire (power control wire), you should be golden. Basically, the way it is hooked up know, your factory amp is only being turned on when the tuner is on. The power antenna wire turns off power when selecting any other source other than the tuner.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
It sounds like you used the power antenna wire (solid blue wire) to energize the factory amp. If you disconnect that wire from your harness and hook up the blue/white wire (power control wire), you should be golden. Basically, the way it is hooked up know, your factory amp is only being turned on when the tuner is on. The power antenna wire turns off power when selecting any other source other than the tuner.
good call!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts