DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

AudioArt 240.4XE, 140.4XE All in near mint condition. LOW PRICES.

11K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  TrickyRicky 
#1 ·
Product Brand & Model:
A- AudioArt 240.4XE
B- AudioArt 140.4X
C- AudioArt 140.4X

THE LAST TWO ARE NOT XE, they are just X models. SORRY for the wrong thead title.

Condition of all items:
As always refer to pictures as everyone has different opinions on what is "mint/near mint/almost mint/ect". I try to be as accurate as possible but am only human.

A- Dark brown, has one or two tiny scratches on heatsink, also has an extra mounting hole by the speaker plugs. Very good condition.

B- Dark brown, has one or two tiny scratches on heatsink. Has no lettering on the top name plate but has all side panel lettering. Very very good condition besides the name/lettering on top.

C- White, has one or two very tiny scratches on heatsink. I added rubber grommets on the mounting holes (very nice). This one I would label as NEAR MINT and you'll see in the pics why.

Total Price: :

A- 150.00
B- 100.00
C- 125.00

Or all three for 325.00 (thats 50.00 bucks off... holy cow)

Shipping Terms: :
Buyer pays ACTUAL shipping. NO over charging just actual shipping charge. Will ship with USPS (parcel or priority) since their the closest but can ship with FedEx Ground if buyer wishes.

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

Additional info:

ALL AMPLIFIERS WORK PERFECTLY, I fully tested all three of them and currently have the 240.4XE installed in my car. They are truely SQ amplifiers and where made in USA.

I ONLY HAVE ONE SET OF PLUGS (missing 4 plugs in order to use all 12 channels) if speaker plugs cannot be found you can always find connectors and slide them on the pins of the plugs.

MORE PICS ARE AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

See less See more
#4 ·
Any chance you have benched any of these? I am curiuos about actual power.. consider any trades? I may have a 400.2 up for trades that needs an rca fixed and is hardwired. Other than that it looks great and is a super strong amp.

#5 · (Edited)
Yes I would be interested in a trade for the 400.2, as for actual bench test I cannot do because I dont have the "big" dummy loads, the ones I have are rated for 200watts total so I need to upgrade in order to test actual power for the bigger amps. The 140.4XE I did test, and they put out 92watts bridged on a 4ohm load (92x2 total 184watts) on a 13.4v power supply - this is not at CLIPPING, its clean unclipped signal.

The only thing I can say about the 240.4XE is that on a 40hz sinewave signal the maximum voltage before clipping was around 32v each channel (bridged, 32v x 2= 64v total) with ofcourse a four ohm load on each side. The JL 250/1 puts out a 31.6v safely at 4ohms, just to give you an idea of the power this AudioArt has. Again no power tests where done on the 240.4 but I wouldn't be surprised if its putting out around a total of 350 rms power.

AS FOR THE PLUGS, there is only two available and would *like* to keep them with the 240.4XE, but I also thought about *first come first serve* so who ever buys the first amplifier from me they might get the plugs??? Just a thought but anyone confirm with me before purchasing or sending payment just to confirm if plugs will be included or not. Thanks

Dimentions will be posted very soon. Sorry for the wait guys.

#6 ·
Dimentions

140.4X are 7.375" x 8.375" x 2.5"

240.4XE is 7.375" x 10" x 2.5"

These are not heatsink measurements but include connectors/RCA's and plugs. With out those its about 3/4" smaller on the lenght side.

#7 ·
I know this will be crazy but 300.00 for all three. Deal only good for 24hrs, lol after that its back to 325.00 for the three or seperate (Ofcourse deal is off if one or two are sold first). Deal/offer ends 6pm central time tomorrow.

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah but am worried about the Zuki brand. There is a lot of hype/talk about them..... some good some bad. The thing I dont get is why their website looks like it was put together in the 90's, then they dont provide much info such as specs and components used - When manufactures claim they have an hi-end audiophile amplifier they usually list every little detail..thickness of the board, gold plated traces, wima caps, 1% resistors, 105c caps, you get the point. And the clear plastic terminals make me believe their cheap (just like the ones Audiobahn, cheap Lanzar, and most maxxsonics amps use).

Dont get me wrong I've seen a few positive reviews, but then I go "again" to their website and see no info on the older models and get a weird feeling when I see their "contact us" page and they only have one email and the address they provide seems to be for a residential house in Las Vegas (only means one thing - the guy is filthy rich) and I have a hard time believing that they actually manufacture them in LasVegas in a house, I would feel more comfortable if it would of been a commercial building. Then I check their subs and expected high quality but they looks "alright" and the prices are very cheap?

This is very confusing for me, dont know if I should do the trade or just sell them.

#16 ·
Whats to worry about???? I tested all three with the same pair of plugs! Now if you can't figure it out and find the right terminal connetors to bypass the plug than I could help and if that still is not enough help then am sorry but your not going to looks pretty smart. You can always also cut the plug off and run the speaker wires straight out of the hole where the plug was, nothing wrong with that (because if you ever do decide to sell it you can always put the plug back on) unless thats too hard to do also.

I MYSELF can do this if its too hard for anyone to do out there. I can take off the plug for you and lable EACH WIRE (which keep in mind they all share the same negative/ground wire- so all your worried about is positive wire for left front, left rear, right front, right rear and thats IT) FOR NO EXTRA CHARGE and you'll get original plug incase you ever want to go back "original".

Now I've tested all and all worked perfectly, no problems. The only reason am using the 240.4XE is because am using it for two 10" subs that are 4ohm and have the 4-channels bridged into two channels.

When I checked the output voltage level on a sinewave (no way you can determine this with music) I got upto 32vac on each side which is a total of 64vac on all four channels. How can I say I know this was unclipped signal??? I have a Tek 465 scope- old but very accurate and the signal was clean. By the way I did not use the crossover features, which dont get me wrong they are nice and they are a seperate circuit board, but my HU has crossover and equalizer.

Now if anyone want a video showing any amplifier working I can hook it up, but only if your serious. I have the 240.4XE hooked up with the crossover bypass and its awesome and sounds just as loud as any 500watt or bigger amplifier, not to mention sound BETTER and I can take a quick vid showing the power it puts out (on the dmm and inside the SUV with two 10's).

#13 ·
I understand you being stand offish and skeptical. I myself am a Audio Art and Zuki amp owner and love both brands.

Zuki amps are great. No other way to ay it. Patrick, who is Zuki is by far the most responsive car audio amplifier designer I've ever had the pleasure of speaking with. No frills website for sure. He puts his money where it counts though.

Email him, I certain he will respond and would be happy to tell you what ever you may want to know about his amps. And I'm just a consumer, I have no affiliation at all. Just convinced I've finally found a current brand that I can trust AND get the results I want from..

Still love my old school though, I have a lot of diffrent brands but AA, Esoteric and Zuki are my favorites.

h8nglydeh0me@aol.com give him a shot.

He can tell you about that specific amp as well.

#15 ·
I'm an old school amp fan myself & am now running Zuki. Best damn thing since sliced bread & Patrick is beyond wonderful. I won't use another amp brand going forward.

#18 ·
Sorry for sounding like a jack-ass but its really simple to figure out how to bypass the plug or keep the plug but use a terminal plug to slide in into the factory male plug.

Like I mentioned before I tested all amplifiers and they all worked perfectly, now I can do an extra bench test on the 140.4X's for an extra 20 bucks but all thats going to let you know its the actual RMS power which will be around 50watts on each channel easily. Now I can perform acutal test but again thats extra, simply because it takes time to perform such critical tests.

I cannot actually bench test the 240.4XE because the dummy loads I have available are not big enought and am not going to risk 50 bucks on resistors on a single bench test. Now if I do get bigger loads then I woulnd't mind testing it, but again that doesn't mean much since test can only be done on sinewaves not on music. But it will give you an ideal of the actual power it can give you before clipping.

But on the Zuki am sorry if I wasted your time, but I think I will have to pass. One member wants to trade one, and may be another member intersted in the other two left. Too bad that we where close enough to seal a deal.

#20 ·
Which ones if you dont mind me asking.

Found this online. Most of ya'll already know how these ratings work (their at 12v and actually very accurate - not overrated, some even say their a bit underrated).

HOLY CRAP they got a fhz response of 2hz-100khz, I wonder if its response is pretty flat or how many -/+dBs. That would be crazy if they can really actually go down that LOW. SHOULD I hook up the scope and see if infact it does goes that low and if the power drops or stays the same.

#22 ·
PM's replied.

Two or maybe all three amps are pending local sale. Will keep everyone posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.