DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did a search but didnt really come up with a ton of info on this unit.

I recently got this unit in trade and was wondering everyones thoughts on it, I mainly wanted it to Crossover my mid bass speakers and liked the idea that it comes with a 90hz module installed but can easily be changed with something as simple as a little math and 6 resistors

Basically just want your guy's thoughts on this piece if you have any experience with it please

Thanks all
Tinctorus

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I did a search but didnt really come up with a ton of info on this unit.

I recently got this unit in trade and was wondering everyones thoughts on it, I mainly wanted it to EQ my mid bass speakers and liked the idea that it comes with a 90hz module installed but can easily be changed with something as simple as a little math and 6 resistors

Basically just want your guy's thoughts on this piece if you have any experience with it please

Thanks all
Tinctorus
I don't know what you think a 2XS is, but it is *not* an equalizer, it's just a 2-way active crossover with subsonic, nothing more or less than that!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know what you think a 2XS is, but it is *not* an equalizer, it's just a 2-way active crossover with subsonic, nothing more or less than that!
Yeah I realized after I posted that I said EQ but meant crossover...Sorry

Either way I think it may work for what I need it to do

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Basically, it's a bandpass crossover and a high-pass crossover. AudioControl crossovers have 1 downside (I have an EQX and a 4XS myself): you can't create gaps or overlaps since there's 1 module for both the low-pass of the bandpass crossover and the high-pass.
I solve this by using frequencies that I also have on my equalizer, so I can cut to create a gap or boost to create overlap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts