DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally finished installing my audio system and ran into a hiccup. Its consists of an Audiocontrol Epiccenter 1200 sub amp and the Audison APF8.9 active off the factory head unit. For some reason I have no audio going to my subs.

I've checked by metering the speaker output off the amp and running a tone generator signal into the amp, nothing. For some reason the "gain maximized" light remains on and yellow in color. Even with the gain all the way down. Subs are wired at 2ohms. Even played around with turning the epiccenter on/off, no change.

Now on to the Audison APF8.9. I'm getting no sub output signal. I have split the single RCA to the Audiocontrol piece which makes no difference. I've check the RCA for continuity and its fine. Metered the sub output and connected to my micro test amp/speaker, nothing. Is there a sub output mute setting in the Audison software? I have my sub output set up for summing of the front input.

My truck is a F150 XLT and with Forscan I have flattened my audio output from the head unit. And then again ran the Audison software flattened the output signal with their test track.

I worked as an installer with Tweeter etc way back in college and still have my DMM, osciliscope, and SMD tools. I just can't believe to be having TWO problems from TWO entirely different components. I'm drawing a blank. Thanks in advance!

-Mike

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta GLI
180 Posts
Is your epicenter setup correctly? Might be a stupid question but that's obviously part of the chain adjusting your lower frequencies. I'm not to familiar with the epicenter but are you positive it is setup correctly? Have we narrowed the problem down to the amp?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its the Epiccenter 1200 amp with built-in epiccenter. I attempted to turn it off but there's no change. Still nothing.

·
Registered
2019 VW Jetta GLI
180 Posts
I'm assuming you did this already but since you have your scope, follow the signal from the deck. Are you even getting a signal from the deck to your first piece? Have you tested it prior to connecting into the amp? You also say you are summing the "front" for your sub input. Are you sure you have bass frequencies on your front channels? Can you see what the factory signal looks like? Where are you losing it? I have a DM810 and the software has mute on the outputs which would create this problem if selected in the software. Not familiar either with Audison software but I assume it has mute as well. I'm trying to help and think with the info you have given, there is not much you cant figure out with a scope considering you can look at the signal all the way down the line. Wish I could help ya better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts