DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
MVC REMOTE???

Any idea if this controller will work with an MVC?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone attempted to build there own? From the only hi-res photos I found the board is fairly simple, and if I lose the led that gets rid of three components. Frankly AC has been useless, it's like they never built the thing and have given me zero info on it.

If someone has already done this, great, if not and you have a ESP-3 remote you be willing to pull and give me high res photos of both sides of the pcb I'd be very thankful, and willing to shoot 5 bucks to you through Paypal.

I did search but after about five pages I didn't see anything related.

Thanks!
Ryan

It works for esp 2 ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all reading,

My name is Gregory and the purpose behind my post is to see if anybody including Mr. Kenn would have two ESP-3 remotes for sale or would be willing to make two?

However also would either of you the same be willing to create two ESP-2 remotes I currently have one ESP-2 remote to photograph or ship to an honest person for means or recreating it for the benefit of the DIY Audio Public.

My recent email correspondence with Audio Control indicated this...

1) They have no intent on revamping the ESP series or reproducing any remotes for them.

2) No intent of future release of a all new processor with similar attributes to the ESP series but rebranded to another Audio Control name nor are they selling the technology.

3) The ACR-1, ACR-2, or ACR-3 remotes will not operate the ESP series of processors.

4) The ESP-2 remote will not operate the ESP-3 and an ESP-3 remote will not operate an ESP-2.

5) However if you posses and original ESP-2 or ESP-3 processor and original factory remote they can service or repair it or them.

6) They have received a multitude of requests to revamp the ESP series as the ESP-4 as these customer requests and comment emails generate a high volume they are still not yet motivated to revisit the ESP series so this ESP-4 is at this not going to happen.

So for those of you that have one, kudos! But for those of you whom had never heard one owned one it's amazing moreover run and Epicenter into one of them and wow... BUT! Back to remotes anyone willing to sell two ESP-3 remotes and willing to use my ESP-2 remote to make two ESP-2 remotes I can buy let's chat thanks -Gregg

·
Registered
176 Posts
I found an ESP-3 locally with a remote for 30 dollars in great shape...plugged it and thought it didn't work...remote led didn't light up and knobs didn't affect the sound....Yesterday, I decided to read the manual and realized I just needed to pull the second knob "out" to activate the ESP...

I almost through away the whole unit given that the remotes are no longer available.....glad I didnt

Hello to all reading,

My name is Gregory and the purpose behind my post is to see if anybody including Mr. Kenn would have two ESP-3 remotes for sale or would be willing to make two?

However also would either of you the same be willing to create two ESP-2 remotes I currently have one ESP-2 remote to photograph or ship to an honest person for means or recreating it for the benefit of the DIY Audio Public.

My recent email correspondence with Audio Control indicated this...

1) They have no intent on revamping the ESP series or reproducing any remotes for them.

2) No intent of future release of a all new processor with similar attributes to the ESP series but rebranded to another Audio Control name nor are they selling the technology.

3) The ACR-1, ACR-2, or ACR-3 remotes will not operate the ESP series of processors.

4) The ESP-2 remote will not operate the ESP-3 and an ESP-3 remote will not operate an ESP-2.

5) However if you posses and original ESP-2 or ESP-3 processor and original factory remote they can service or repair it or them.

6) They have received a multitude of requests to revamp the ESP series as the ESP-4 as these customer requests and comment emails generate a high volume they are still not yet motivated to revisit the ESP series so this ESP-4 is at this not going to happen.

So for those of you that have one, kudos! But for those of you whom had never heard one owned one it's amazing moreover run and Epicenter into one of them and wow... BUT! Back to remotes anyone willing to sell two ESP-3 remotes and willing to use my ESP-2 remote to make two ESP-2 remotes I can buy let's chat thanks -Gregg

·
Registered
725 Posts
I think this knob is for an ESP-2 or ESP-3? I bought an AudioControl MVC off of eBay and the seller pulled a fast one.

So if AudioControl is not going to supply us with any new knobs and someone knows how to build them, they can use mine for research as long as I get them back in working order.

Attachments

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Unfortunately the one I have would be cost prohibitive for purchase as its the last one I have left.

I'm surprised more didn't show up for sale. I ordered 25 or 50 PCB's when I was doing this, and 20 sold fast, then I was stuck with a bunch for the longest time. Once I was down to 15 or so I sold the last ones plus all the spare PCB's to an Ebay seller who I thought was going to build and sell the rest.

I don't have his name anymore but he was in Barbados.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Necro-posting on this old thread, but this is the absolute best source of inf on these things.

I have an ESP-2 that needs a remote knob. I can build one myself, and I assume it would be similar to, but simpler than, the ESP-3 remote.

I just need to know what parts would be involved and a schematic to follow.

Has anyone found detailed pictures of the PCB on the knob for the ESP-2?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Someone told me that ESP-2 & MVC knobs are very similar to the old Epicenter knobs (ACR-1 I think). Idk why they wouldn’t be.

These knobs are regularly available on eBay for $30 or so. Might be worth a gamble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks, KillerBox, that's where I'm at right now too.

However, I figured that if the ACR-1 would work, audiocontrol would just say so. I never had an Epicenter, did it have the push/pull on/off feature that the ESP does?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Years ago I managed to slick talk an AC engineer out of the schematics for the remotes for epicenter and esp-2.... They are sketched by hand but came from AC. I had the same issue of remotes stolen from my stash, but left me the main units.
I can confirm they no longer make remotes for esp-2 and esp-3..

·
Registered
534 Posts
I just picked up a very nice condition ESP-3 yesterday, but sadly without the knob or cable. Is there any chance of the OP making these again?

·
Registered
725 Posts
I just picked up a very nice condition ESP-3 yesterday, but sadly without the knob or cable. Is there any chance of the OP making these again?
I sent my ESP-3, MVC and old Epicenter to a guy for him to make clones of all 3 of them because AudioControl no longer makes the remotes for any of these items.

Send me your email or better yet FaceBook contact information and I will have him get in touch with you.

I think the only thing he hasn't made it the little metal box to hold the remotes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I sent my ESP-3, MVC and old Epicenter to a guy for him to make clones of all 3 of them because AudioControl no longer makes the remotes for any of these items.

Send me your email or better yet FaceBook contact information and I will have him get in touch with you.

I think the only thing he hasn't made it the little metal box to hold the remotes.

101 - 120 of 123 Posts