DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I own a 2010 vw cc and im about to install my system. Currently my car has the dynaudio 10 speaker system. I hate my oem system so I will be upgrading the speakers. My question is I have an audiocontrol lc2i and I'm trying to figure out where is the best place for me to get signal from is it before the oem amp or after the oem amp. I will upgrading my tweets, mids and adding subs. I already bought the audiocontrol and I want to keep my oem head unit it has nav bluetooth and back up camera

·
Registered
844 Posts
If all your OEM amp is doing is amplifying the source signal, then yes put the LC2i in front of the the OEM amp.

Some of the newer higher-end OEM systems are actually doing some of the HU functions in the amp, such as voice guidance, BT, sometimes even volume control. If this is the case and you want to keep those functions, then you might need to put the LC2i after the OEM amp. You need to find out more details about the VW system.

·
2,103 Posts
The feed from the oem head unit might also be low level and you can run that straight to the amp and remove the factory amp. There are lots of things that the vw oem head units can do with a vagcom

You can send me all your factory drivers, haha.

Sent from my iPhone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts