DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If not for the dent I would be all over the Epic.
Yeah, I was pissed when I took it out to discover that... I couldn't notice it when it was in the trunk since it's dark in there, it didn't effect the sound, and I rarely go in there...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Yeah, I was pissed when I took it out to discover that... I couldn't notice it when it was in the trunk since it's dark in there, it didn't effect the sound, and I rarely go in there...
I had the same thing happen with my DIYR12 and a gallon of milk. I have learned to buy a grill since then. I don't want to clog up your thread but.....What were you running the Epic off of and what is your opinion of it?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the same thing happen with my DIYR12 and a gallon of milk. I have learned to buy a grill since then. I don't want to clog up your thread but.....What were you running the Epic off of and what is your opinion of it?
Yeah, I didn't typically put things in my trunk but I was given some stuff to bring home to put on ebay and was short on back-seat space... I hadn't realized one of the things knocked into the cone till I took the sub out...

I was running the sub off a Clarion DPX11551 wired to 4 ohms (850w). The sub sounded great. It's been my favorite in my car so far. I don't really want to sell it. It's surprisingly transparent and blended extremely well with my Rainbow Germanium front stage. It was more transparent than the CDT Audio QES-1220 Prototype I had prior and boasts lower reach/better output as well. Never was I able to localize where the sub's output was coming from, which is what I really look for. I hate when a sub seems directional. I ran it from 63hz down with a 36dB slope.

I really think the sub is an absolute bargain even at full price as it's made exceptionally well and sounds good. I was using it in a smaller enclosure than it would ideally like to be in, so I could just imagine it being even better with a more ideal size.

I'm currently trying out the Incriminator Flatlyne, still breaking it in - so I don't know how it fares against that yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts