DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all i hear about in the car audio industry is audiofrog. are they really that damn good? i swore when i bought this 2018 nissan altima that i was not going to put a ridiculously expensive system in this car. here we are climbing down that rabbit hole getting ready to do that dumb crap again. if i am going to spend the money... is audiofrog going to really make me happy? i listen to my music somewhat loud and it will be paired up with a stereo integrity rm15 sealed. i listen to mostly metal and "fun music". with this system i want to hear snappy double kick drum coming from the front.

i plan on doing audiofrog gb60 and gb15 in a 2-way powered by a Zapco st.6.sq. channels 1 and 2 will be for the GB 15, channels 3 through 6 bridged will be for the gb60.

my other choice is stevens audio sa-6 components

i have a brand new JL audio twk DSP not installed yet.

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
They're obviously good, but let's be fair... they're not the only ones on the market that are of value. Capability is provided by drivers but the final result lies in your ability to put together something and tune it. That said, a nice system can be had for less but it depends on the level you want to reach. Anyone that denies that is just riding...

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They're obviously good, but let's be fair... they're not the only ones on the market that are of value. Capability is provided by drivers but the final result lies in your ability to put together something and tune it. That said, a nice system can be had for less but it depends on the level you want to reach. Anyone that denies that is just riding...

you can't polish a turd. a DSP can only do so much. i just don't think that my pioneer TS-Z65 components are going to be able to make me happy. i don't know what the hell i was thinking buying these speakers especially with an aluminum dome tweeter. they sound absolutely terrible in my car. i understand, i don't have the DSP hooked up to them but i don't even want to try to give them a chance. i'd rather try to sell them here and go after the big guns

·
Registered
516 Posts
No boss.
I was making an attempt at humor and simply saying that if a 3 way was a consideration then the GB 25 would work really nice as a midrange. I know you said a 2 way so I was obviously joking.
That said, I dont think you would be dissapointed with the GB 60 GB 15 combination, but as Bayboy stated, installation is going to be key.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No boss.
I was making an attempt at humor and simply saying that if a 3 way was a consideration then the GB 25 would work really nice as a midrange. I know you said a 2 way so I was obviously joking.
That said, I dont think you would be dissapointed with the GB 60 GB 15 combination, but as Bayboy stated, installation is going to be key.
my doors are sound deadened pretty well. the amp is probably not the absolute best but i'm sure i could do worse. my current issue is going to be tweeter location. right now i have my tweeters in the dash aiming at the windshield. it might work for these particular tweeters but id probably be better off getting some pods made for the gb15 if i go that route

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who said anything else is a turd?? But you obviously already have that bias that everything is so this whole topic becomes rather silly. What is there to convince with that train of thought? Nothing

i'm open to any and all suggestions and i apologize if i offended you

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
I'm not offended at all, but let's look at the facts. You don't want to pay Frog tier prices, but you haven't maximized what you have either by not even giving them a fair chance with the DSP you have.

Sure there's better, but it's also important to maximize what you have to see what needs improving. Until then you really don't know what you might be happy with and there's plenty of brands and tiers available to choose from

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not offended at all, but let's look at the facts. You don't want to pay Frog tier prices, but you haven't maximized what you have either by not even giving them a fair chance with the DSP you have.

Sure there's better, but it's also important to maximize what you have to see what needs improving. Until then you really don't know what you might be happy with and there's plenty of brands and tiers available to choose from

is it true that audiofrog is made in China?

·
Registered
7,826 Posts
A DSP can take mediocre speakers a LONG way. You might be really surprised by what you can do with a DSP and a microphone. Hell, I’d love to throw together a real “budget challenge” project just to prove this point. Even with the super basic DSP in my Kenwood head unit, I feel pretty confident that I can make a pretty decent 2-way front with really inexpensive speakers.

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
wrong. the gb15 is a large format tweeter. you do not need a gb25 to pair up with this 2-way for it to sound optimal.
GB60 GB25 and GB10 :0

the SA comps will also make you happy....but keep in mind these are SQ drivers and while they will get loud, if you are looking to play loud and louder most the time, you might want to save your money since you might not be able to appreciate them at super loud volumes.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
GB60 GB25 and GB10 :0

the SA comps will also make you happy....but keep in mind these are SQ drivers and while they will get loud, if you are looking to play loud and louder most the time, you might want to save your money since you might not be able to appreciate them at super loud volumes.
i just want to hear and feel the doubke kick drum in the front of the vehicle and the cymbale not sound like someone threw 10000 dimes in a dryer with a roll of aluminum foil.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That will be mostly subwoofer and tuning.
when listening to primus i want to hear those bass guitar licks blend in perfectly with the kick drum like there is a miniature nuclear bomb going off in the bass guitar and drums.

·
Registered
516 Posts
i just want to hear and feel the doubke kick drum in the front of the vehicle and the cymbale not sound like someone threw 10000 dimes in a dryer with a roll of aluminum foil.
Removal of any sibilance will be done with a DSP via high frequency attenuation and precise crossover implementation.
The key takeaway is that the digital signal processor is an immensely powerful tool when used properly.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Removal of any sibilance will done with a DSP via high frequency attenuation and precise crossover implementation.
The key takeaway is that the digital signal processor is an immensely powerful tool when used properly.
play this video in your car and turn this shit up. i want my shit to be pristine and badass

1 - 20 of 100 Posts