DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Great sale.

Last time I contacted Andy regarding a sub. He told me he will put some stuff on sale so the remaining of G and GS subs.

Good deal

·
Registered
21 Posts
They brought the price down to $169 for the GS line so I picked up a GS12 today. Can’t wait to try it out.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I picked up a G10D4 that will be here tomorrow, for $100 it was tough to pass up.

In case anyone is wonding about how they lower lines (G, and GS) compare to the GB's, they pretty much model the exact same, they just don't handle as much power, or get as loud, but the response is very close in the same enclosures.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I picked up a G10D4 that will be here tomorrow, for $100 it was tough to pass up.

In case anyone is wonding about how they lower lines (G, and GS) compare to the GB's, they pretty much model the exact same, they just don't handle as much power, or get as loud, but the response is very close in the same enclosures.
Do you know how the GS stacks up against the JL w6? I have a w6 10 v2 I was going to use but I’m thinking of using the GS 12 in my current build now.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
Do you know how the GS stacks up against the JL w6? I have a w6 10 v2 I was going to use but I’m thinking of using the GS 12 in my current build now.
I haven't modeled them together, but I might be able to later tonight. The W6 is no joke, but going from a 10" to a 12" might be the deciding factor. If you want to give me an enclosure volume to work with, I'll try to model them both tonight.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Do you know how the GS stacks up against the JL w6? I have a w6 10

I haven't modeled them together, but I might be able to later tonight. The W6 is no joke, but going from a 10" to a 12" might be the deciding factor. If you want to give me an enclosure volume to work with, I'll try to model them both tonight.
I have a mustang so I was going to go between 1-1.5 cubes. I was thinking about going ported for the extra output when wanted. I have a 4 inch aero that I would like to use but if it won’t do what I need then I might just go sealed with some poly.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I have a mustang so I was going to go between 1-1.5 cubes. I was thinking about going ported for the extra output when wanted. I have a 4 inch aero that I would like to use but if it won’t do what I need then I might just go sealed with some poly.
Ok, I'll try to work with that when I get home from dinner tonight. Bump this post, or PM me tomorrow if I don't get to it tonight, otherwise I'll probably forget.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
That’s correct . They are either refurbished or even Just have a small blem
The GS I received had a small Krinkle in the cone .
No impact on performance. Great deal

·
Registered
21 Posts
$25 shipping per item. Still a great deal especially for someone like me who wants to try AF but can’t afford most of their equipment.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
I got my G10D4 on Friday. I'm still building the box, but the sub looks great. It doesn't look a like a refurb at all, except that there were a couple of drops of glue on the mounting surface of the basket. They needed to be sanded off so that it would mount flush, but besides that it looks perfect.

Sorry Cliff, I still haven't modeled anything for you, building this box is eating up a bunch of time.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got my G10D4 on Friday. I'm still building the box, but the sub looks great. It doesn't look a like a refurb at all, except that there were a couple of drops of glue on the mounting surface of the basket. They needed to be sanded off so that it would mount flush, but besides that it looks perfect.

Sorry Cliff, I still haven't modeled anything for you, building this box is eating up a bunch of time.
No problem at all. I completely understand. Did you get shipping info emailed to you and about how long did it take to get in? I have some vacation to use and I’d like to wait until the sub is here.

·
Registered
8,244 Posts
No problem at all. I completely understand. Did you get shipping info emailed to you and about how long did it take to get in? I have some vacation to use and I’d like to wait until the sub is here.
I placed my order on the 23rd (Saturday), received shipping info on the 25th (Monday), and the sub arrived on Friday the 29th. I'd say it showed up plenty fast, especially considering Thanksgiving, and a major snow storm here on Tuesday.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got 2 of the G10D4 for my next install. Wish they had some clearance GS series speakers....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just order a pair of GS12s. If the consensus on here is correct, I should be very satisfied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
The GS12 came in today. I never got a shipping confirmation but it came fast in my opinion. Ordered on Thanksgiving day. It looks great. Now I get to start building the box and hopefully get it installed in the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
GS12D4 are sold out. Kinda wish I would have gotten another but I also have no use for another right now. Time to find some AF speakers to complete the build.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Another forum member posted a sale on ABT.com Hertz ML1650.3 for 349.99 and the ML 280.3 for 199.99 new. Couldn’t pass up that up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts