DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide on my next subwoofer. I’m looking to get either an Audiofrog GB or a Morel Ultimo. Price is about equal between the two and would be getting 1000 watts RMS. Front stage is a Morel 3 way. I’m not a bass head by any means. My last setup was 2 SI BM subs and I usually kept the sub volume low to blend everything better. I care more about accuracy than volume. Listen to mostly rock and metal for what it’s worth. Anybody have experience with both. Please share your thoughts.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have had both both sound amazing frog will have alot more output one ultimo will not be adequate even for a none bass head my vote is for the gb all the way I have all so ran esotar2 1200 jl w6 and w7 idmax 15 focal kx33 the gb has bin the best of the bunch

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had both both sound amazing frog will have alot more output one ultimo will not be adequate even for a none bass head my vote is for the gb all the way I have all so ran esotar2 1200 jl w6 and w7 idmax 15 focal kx33 the gb has bin the best of the bunch
Besides output what did the frog do to make it stand out from the others?

·
Registered
18,305 Posts
ive had/done both in multiple cars. very comparable in sound quality, but nowhere near comparable in output and flexibility (in terms of enclosure)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Ultimo 12 in a 1.8 cu ft sealed box, getting 600 wrms from an Alpine MRP-M1000 at 4ohms, and it absolutely pounds. Way more bass than anyone into SQ would ever need.

I highly recommend the Ultimo, it is unlike any sub I have ever heard before, it just disappears, totally transparent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Gonna throw in the obligatory suggestion to look at the RM-12. Equal in all ways to the GB12 and $100 cheaper, plus it takes a smaller sealed box :D

·
Registered
296 Posts
What order would you put these subs in, in terms of what you like the best?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts