DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
but were not talking about years ago ;)
I know.....did you read my statement? Most don't know they have modernized a lot of their manufacturing. You didn't experience the years ago part.....so I tried to make you understand why someone might think that. Someone your age might also think a car manufactured in yoguslovia would be ok too.......totally oblivious to the whole yugo thing....lol.

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
Ageist.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
The main benefit is cheap labor. Not necessarily cutting corners on build quality or product. In the US employees need to get paid more (a lot more) for doing essentially the same thing they do over there.
Employment costs aside, don't forget toxic material control, employee safety, pollution control, government set raw material costs, and the all important de-valued yen.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Re: Audiofrog - Made in China?

This was the first freakin thing I saw when I opened tapatalk. Lmao

You should send that to Andy. :laugh:

·
Registered
18,963 Posts
Re: Audiofrog - Made in China?

This was the first freakin thing I saw when I opened tapatalk. Lmao

thats actually a pic of andy from years ago

·
Registered
18,963 Posts
From crime fighter to lifeguard to company CEO. I have a feeling in a few years he may break into reality tv.
hes also a professional mexican wrestler. goes by the name "El ******"

·
Registered
78 Posts
the fact that you, or anyone else, would think the geographical location of manufacturing of a specific product determines its build quality is just downright silly
I think his opinion is based on historic perception and justifiably so.
As mentioned earlier however, If the manufacturer can guarantee strict quality control it does not matter where it's made from.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Unfortunately it's the world we live in. Being from Dayton Ohio we use to be the tool and die capital of the world. Shops very successful ones were all over this town and did excellent work supplying the auto industry amd numerous other markets. I bet 60% of them or more have closed their doors, everything is made elsewhere.

I have no issues with Chinese made speakers from a reliability or quality standpoint. It's all about the company (audio frog, hat, etc) finding the proper manufacturing facility and working wth them until the prodict meets their design goals.

The iPhone doesn't bend because it's made in China, it bends because that's how Apple designed it. I would assume something that they overlooked.

I own a funeral home, this past summer a family came in and wanted to purchase their casket elsewhere. The casket they purchased I sell a US made version for $3,000, it costs me $2,000. The casket they purchased they paid $900 for and the place they purchase them from have less then $100 per casket. They are purchased by the shipping container and they supposedly. Up several containers from China at a time. Vs our products which are made in Richmond Indiana. There is a big difference in quality between these two, the Chinese one is made for people who are shorter then 5ft 6 in and not wide.

·
Premium Member
4,235 Posts
Hmmmm...don't believe everything you see in the news and everything you see stamped onto speaker cones, baskets and surrounds.

I've been developing products for more then 20 years. I've worked with US factories, factories in Germany, France, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Vietnam and China. I can say without a doubt that you get what you require and the way one requires what one wants from a factory is with a spec, a testing spec and a process for verification.

I interviewed factories in Europe, in the US, in Indonesia and in China to build our designs. The European and US factories wouldn't agree to be held to our reliability and environmental testing spec. The Indonesian factory was too slow. I chose the factory in China because they are used to building to a similar spec, because I've done business with them for 20 years and because they are experts. They were the most expensive of all the factories except the one in Europe.

The quality is definitely world class, as is the performance. We have a co tract with them that helps to ensure that.

Are there human rights violations in China? Sure. I don't think there are any at the factory we use and I've been there hundreds of times.

Read about the qualifications for claiming that products are made in the EU and
in European countries. Google "last substantive transformation".

·
Registered
18,963 Posts
something about, as long as an irrelevant to us part of the process is done in Europe, they can claim made in Europe? something as simple as adding a sticker..? correct?

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Hmmmm...don't believe everything you see in the news and everything you see stamped onto speaker cones, baskets and surrounds.

I've been developing products for more then 20 years. I've worked with US factories, factories in Germany, France, Indonesia, Mexico, Brazil, South Korea, Vietnam and China. I can say without a doubt that you get what you require and the way one requires what one wants from a factory is with a spec, a testing spec and a process for verification.

I interviewed factories in Europe, in the US, in Indonesia and in China to build our designs. The European and US factories wouldn't agree to be held to our reliability and environmental testing spec. The Indonesian factory was too slow. I chose the factory in China because they are used to building to a similar spec, because I've done business with them for 20 years and because they are experts. They were the most expensive of all the factories except the one in Europe.

The quality is definitely world class, as is the performance. We have a co tract with them that helps to ensure that.

Are there human rights violations in China? Sure. I don't think there are any at the factory we use and I've been there hundreds of times.

Thanks for chiming in Andy, that's all I wanted to know.

This thread is going to the circus.

Reactions: Smdaniel-11

·
Premium Member
9,212 Posts
Reactions: Smdaniel-11

·
Registered
274 Posts
come on now. i think anyone with common sense would know that the build quality would have nothing to do with where in the world it was made,
So many company’s share major parts it makes zero difference if something is from China or any other country. The little difference in Metallurgy from China couldn’t be noticed by the human ear. They have such an amazing QC group at Audiofrog I wouldn’t care if they came out of a dirt cave.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts