DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking at bridging my Parrot BT module between my headunit and amp. Here is what I am looking for:

2 x dpdt 12v relay (silver contacts maybe?)

Any help would be appreciated. Thx

·
Registered
12,053 Posts
you wouldnt want silver contacts. they will corrode very quickly. if you want nearly no loss and high reliability. look at solidstate relays.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first approach was to build an N-channel mosfet setup but the price would be to steep for my $40 dollar blutooth setup. Solidstate relay's also run around 50 a piece... eek!

Dragonrage - Do you have any experience with using a standard spdt bosch relay for audio? I am trying to stay awayfrom the clipping sound is possible :(

Thx!

·
Registered
89 Posts
My first approach was to build an N-channel mosfet setup but the price would be to steep for my $40 dollar blutooth setup. Solidstate relay's also run around 50 a piece... eek!

Dragonrage - Do you have any experience with using a standard spdt bosch relay for audio? I am trying to stay awayfrom the clipping sound is possible :(

Thx!
I'd use some small relays for audio signals, not the big beasts with big windings inside. You can get some tiny dpdt 12v relays from digikey, last ones i got were under $10 each. some specify whether they have an off state between no/nc modes, I'd think you'd want one with a smooth transition to eliminate pops.

please note i have not run audio through these, tho I'm now very curious.

I have run audio through a dpdt switch without much issue tho...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts