DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They seem fairly inexpensive, and i do believe that there are a handful of quality speakers being manufactured from small companies that are just trying to make a name for themselves, i just need to know if audiopipe is one of them?? my friend swears by them but he isn't really experienced in listening to higher end sound systems, so his opinion might not be valid here...

anybody have experience with this company's products??

thanks for your comments

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
have you personally owned them or are you just stating something somebody else has said?
No I would NEVER own them BUT I have personally installed hundreds of pairs of all types of there products that customers brought into the shop and each and every one of them was garbage...

I will say that the spl guys love there giant sub amps because they put out a decent amount of power for basically pennies on the dollar

But as far as there speakers,subwoofers and 4 channel amps go everything from them I have installed has sounded like shit, and for the money they spent even the lowest end pioneer or sony crap would have sounded better

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No I would NEVER own them BUT I have personally installed hundreds of pairs of all types of there products that customers brought into the shop and each and every one of them was garbage...

I will say that the spl guys love there giant sub amps because they put out a decent amount of power for basically pennies on the dollar

But as far as there speakers,subwoofers and 4 channel amps go everything from them I have installed has sounded like shit, and for the money they spent even the lowest end pioneer or sony crap would have sounded better
sounds like a valid opinion:).. you must really hate audiopipe...

anybody else?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Never installed anything from em but have a friend who loves the stuff. From reading on here it seems there just out to rip off other companies designs such as HAT tweeters. If this is true I cannot and will not support a company that only tries to get ahead at others expenses and these companies will never propel car audio technology.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Never installed anything from em but have a friend who loves the stuff. From reading on here it seems there just out to rip off other companies designs such as HAT tweeters. If this is true I cannot and will not support a company that only tries to get ahead at others expenses and these companies will never propel car audio technology.

yeah, i read about that tweeter...the internal components seem to be entirely different though..the audiopipe tweeters are regular silk dome tweeters in the same shell.

i personally wouldn't support them if they were claiming there product to be something it is not, but as far as i can tell, all they did is rip off the "look" of one item, and honestly, they may not have known they were doing so until it was already on shelves. alot of companies have low-end equipment that is manufactured in china and often times the designs are sourced and bought from over there...

if they only have ONE product that is a cosmetic copy, then i wouldn't really harp too much on it, especially if it is just a $30 tweeter.. i doubt they are making much profit on it to begin with. I am more interested in their more expensive speakers, which are still on the affordable side of car audio...

anybody have real world opinions they would like to add?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would suggest you get in touch with audiopipe and see if they are willing to provide response graphs and other test results they might have done on certain drivers your intrested in.

Their is a reason they do not publish them in the public (or might not even have them).

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I have not used the speakers, but I did buy an audiopipe product...... once and never again. I ordered some 16ga speaker wire off of ebay. It came in an audiopipe bag and I was lucky if it was actually 20ga. never again

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have not used the speakers, but I did buy an audiopipe product...... once and never again. I ordered some 16ga speaker wire off of ebay. It came in an audiopipe bag and I was lucky if it was actually 20ga. never again
i would look to the seller, not the brand, your comment is really irrelevant to this conversation. i buy bulk wire all the time, and i never get it delivered in a nice retail packaging, usually it is cut from a larger spool, twist tied together and shipped to me.

irrelevant

·
Registered
997 Posts
anybody have experience with this company's products??
Years ago, I had the opportunity to inspect one of their "flat cone" subs - similar to this one: HiVolume.com - - AudioPipe - 10" Dynamic 1200W Flat Woofer. I think it was the 12" version. One look at how the former was attached to the cone was enough to tell me that it probably wouldn't last long in the usually brutal car audio environment. The driver was also quite inefficient.

Their stuff has likely improved since then. Then again, perhaps not - a quick look at some of the specs for their subs show Le ratings that are 5+ mH. Ugh. I think I'll try to get my hands on a few samples locally to see if they meet published specs. Perhaps someone should donate one to be Klippel'd :).

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Years ago, I had the opportunity to inspect one of their "flat cone" subs - similar to this one: HiVolume.com - - AudioPipe - 10" Dynamic 1200W Flat Woofer. I think it was the 12" version. One look at how the former was attached to the cone was enough to tell me that it probably wouldn't last long in the usually brutal car audio environment. The driver was also quite inefficient.

Their stuff has likely improved since then. Then again, perhaps not - a quick look at some of the specs for their subs show Le ratings that are 5+ mH. Ugh. I think I'll try to get my hands on a few samples locally to see if they meet published specs. Perhaps someone should donate one to be Klippel'd :).
what about their full rnage speakers and components?

·
Registered
19 Posts
It seems the reviews are overwhelmingly negative. Is there a reason you're still interested in this stuff? They keep a warehouse not far from me here in Miami (technically, the warehouse is in Doral, but whatever). Even so, I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to look into their product. From what I've seen on store shelves, it is exceedingly cheap-looking stuff.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It seems the reviews are overwhelmingly negative. Is there a reason you're still interested in this stuff? They keep a warehouse not far from me here in Miami (technically, the warehouse is in Doral, but whatever). Even so, I don't think I'd ever go out of my way to look into their product. From what I've seen on store shelves, it is exceedingly cheap-looking stuff.
yes, and yet not one of the opinion givers actually have owned audiopipe... imagine that, a bunch of people giving opinions on something they have never personally owned... gotta love the forums sometimes...

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
for the money, be smarter to buy raw drivers from PE or Madisound.

i paid $10 for my peerless 6.5s, i bet they play just as good as any audiopipe 6.5. may not exceed it, but it was $10

·
Registered
31 Posts
It's poo & no I haven't owned it.

Just like I know Daytek TV's garbage,

Wal-Mart house brand tires are garbage,

and "white-van special" speakers are garbage.

I have owned none of the above.

When you get 10 guys here that say it's no good, perhaps you should consider that maybe it is garbage instead of defending it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
i would look to the seller, not the brand, your comment is really irrelevant to this conversation. i buy bulk wire all the time, and i never get it delivered in a nice retail packaging, usually it is cut from a larger spool, twist tied together and shipped to me.

irrelevant
Perhaps you should read his post again...
The man paid for 16ga but it was smaller wire than it should have been.

That...is the company with their name on the side of the wire's fault, not the ebay seller. I bet he could give a crap how it was packaged.
yes, and yet not one of the opinion givers actually have owned audiopipe... imagine that, a bunch of people giving opinions on something they have never personally owned... gotta love the forums sometimes...
I assume you searched before starting this thread? Did you find any threads?

High inductance + no shorting rings = non-starter. After being on here for a while, it becomes obvious which companies give a damn about making quality products and which only want to move product out the door.

Look at the Hybrid knock-off tweeter thread and tell me which category AudioPipe fits into.

·
5,225 Posts
WTF is up with the attitude? Gotta love forums for people asking questions then complaining about the responses.

This is a great response.

Why is owning a product the only way to verify it's build quality and competence of design?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I run an all audio pipe setup and love it. I may win IASCA this year with this winning combination. You know you want to OP, go out there and get all the audiopipe stuff you can before the rest of civilization catches on!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts