DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
WTF is up with the attitude? Gotta love forums for people asking questions then complaining about the responses.

This is a great response.

Why is owning a product the only way to verify it's build quality and competence of design?
because you listen to it day to day, not for 5 seconds after you do an installation..

since starting this thread, i have had the opportunity to listen to several audiopipe products, not just speakers, in several well built systems down here in south FL, and i can honestly say, that the negative comments in this thread are ALL unwarranted. is the build quality the greatest? its adequate enough, considering how often audiophiles change out equipment. do they look good? actually, some of their newer 2010 stuff is QUITE attractive.

the most important question: do they sound good? and the answer is YES, they do. they have competant power handling capabilities without distortion, and the frequency response is very good. they won't make a shitty amp or head unit sound better, but they do sound good when coupled with good equipment, the same as ANY other speaker.

that being said, there are too many haters out there who just spew bad shit about a company for no good reason.

and to the guy who says he installs them on a day to day basis but thinks they are a garbage product, well, i call bullshit. Are you even an installer? what kind of systems are you installing them on? why don't you provide us a point of reference to back all of your blanket statements of hatred towards the product line? tell us the type of equipment these installs have in them. if you REALLY are installing alot of them, then perhaps they aren't nearly as bad as you claim.

anyways, i have a discerning ear, and now that i have had the opportunity to hear them in action, i have to say that the few random opinions from non-users of this speaker line are falling on def ears.

Audiopipe = pretty good sound. are they top of the line? don't know, i didn't have a top of the line speaker to do an A/B comparison... but they sounded pretty damned good to me, even playing classical and jazz.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Perhaps you should read his post again...

The man paid for 16ga but it was smaller wire than it should have been.
then the seller sent him a smaller sized wire by mistake, OR the insulation for the wire is creating an optical illusion. he should send it back. again, it has NOTHING to do with whether or not the speakers sound good, which is what this thread is about. I've bought stinger cable before that i thought looked undersized when i received it, so i sliced it open and compared it to some generic wire. they were the same thickness with the same exact number of conductors, even though at a glance, the stinger wire looked much smaller.

That...is the company with their name on the side of the wire's fault, not the ebay seller. I bet he could give a crap how it was packaged.
actually he DID give a crap, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it and then bitched about it.

I assume you searched before starting this thread? Did you find any threads?
yes i did, but the search wasn't very conclusive, hence the new thread.

High inductance + no shorting rings = non-starter. After being on here for a while, it becomes obvious which companies give a damn about making quality products and which only want to move product out the door.

Look at the Hybrid knock-off tweeter thread and tell me which category AudioPipe fits into.
I DID, if you had read this entire thread, you would know this too. There are many, many companies that do this. Two companies buy variations on a design, and then market and distribute them, its a common practice. Considering that audiopipe STIL sells the product, obviously the other company doesn't have any REAL issues with them selling it. the internals are different anyways, so its not really the same product, it only LOOKS the same. you can point out about a dozen different speaker and amplifier manufacturers that all have similar to near similar looking products with respect to each other, ESPECIALLY in the tweeter market.

EVERYBODY, listen up. unless you have personal experience with Audiopipe speakers, please just pass this thread by and go onto something else. Anythings else is IRRELEVANT to this thread.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
they have competant power handling capabilities without distortion, and the frequency response is very good.
Post up some frequency response graphs, distortion plots, and an LMS/Klippel test if there is one.

Till then...everyone else is entitled to their opinions as you are. Prove that they're worth buying.
then the seller sent him a smaller sized wire by mistake, OR the insulation for the wire is creating an optical illusion. he should send it back. again, it has NOTHING to do with whether or not the speakers sound good, which is what this thread is about. I've bought stinger cable before that i thought looked undersized when i received it, so i sliced it open and compared it to some generic wire. they were the same thickness with the same exact number of conductors, even though at a glance, the stinger wire looked much smaller.
You counted each strand individually? :laugh:

actually he DID give a crap, otherwise he wouldn't have mentioned it and then bitched about it.
He mentioned it came in an AudioPipe bag. That's it. He didn't say "their packaging blows! Who puts wire in a bag?"

yes i did, but the search wasn't very conclusive, hence the new thread.
Without a page full of specs, drivers don't really receive a good welcome around here...for good reason.

I DID, if you had read this entire thread, you would know this too. There are many, many companies that do this. Two companies buy variations on a design, and then market and distribute them, its a common practice. Considering that audiopipe STIL sells the product, obviously the other company doesn't have any REAL issues with them selling it. the internals are different anyways, so its not really the same product, it only LOOKS the same. you can point out about a dozen different speaker and amplifier manufacturers that all have similar to near similar looking products with respect to each other, ESPECIALLY in the tweeter market.
I did read the entire thread :laugh: That's why it's funny to me...

Something like 60% of an original design can remain in a knockoff before it's considered a violation of trademark. In the case of the HAT tweeters, they appear identical. Doesn't matter what's inside.

Buying a license for producing a product is entirely different from straight ripping it off. Send a product overseas for production, and the chances are good the maker will cancel your contract in a year or two...after they've taken your design. How else have HID kits gone from $500 with a 60 day warranty to $35 with a lifetime warranty in about 5 years' time? Remember Katz-Eye? Where are they today? But out-of-contract phones are still $400-500 for a top model? :)

EVERYBODY, listen up. unless you have personal experience with Audiopipe speakers, please just pass this thread by and go onto something else. Anythings else is IRRELEVANT to this thread.
Why are you defending them so hard? Do you work for a distributor? Probably :laugh:

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Post up some frequency response graphs, distortion plots, and an LMS/Klippel test if there is one.

Till then...everyone else is entitled to their opinions as you are. Prove that they're worth buying.
now you are just being a straight up jackass. speaker distortion is audible, as is frequency response when one plays ANY music that they frequently listen to over and over again on different sound systems.

You counted each strand individually? :laugh:
yeah, i did. It's not that difficult or time consuming with a 16 gauge wire, Bub. It only take a minute.

He mentioned it came in an AudioPipe bag. That's it. He didn't say "their packaging blows! Who puts wire in a bag?"
the whole point was that it was IRRELEVANT to what their speakers sound like

Without a page full of specs, drivers don't really receive a good welcome around here...for good reason.
and what "good" reason is that? tons of people are specification mongers. specs mean absolute shit unless the product matches the advertised specs. that's why the best test in the world is YOUR EARS, not lab results. if it sounds good to you, and if your ears can justify the price of a product, then it was a good product, period.

I did read the entire thread :laugh: That's why it's funny to me...

Something like 60% of an original design can remain in a knockoff before it's considered a violation of trademark. In the case of the HAT tweeters, they appear identical. Doesn't matter what's inside.

Buying a license for producing a product is entirely different from straight ripping it off. Send a product overseas for production, and the chances are good the maker will cancel your contract in a year or two...after they've taken your design. How else have HID kits gone from $500 with a 60 day warranty to $35 with a lifetime warranty in about 5 years' time? Remember Katz-Eye? Where are they today? But out-of-contract phones are still $400-500 for a top model? :)

Why are you defending them so hard? Do you work for a distributor? Probably :laugh:
defending them hard? why are you attacking them so hard? i just want unbiased learned opinions of their product, not bullshit repsonses to a legitimate question.

if Audiopipe REALLY did rip off the design from HAT and it hurt their business, then they would've filed legal action, plain and simple. I am willing to bet it is all smoke and mirrors. Then again, it's just a bloody tweeter, and they didn't seem to have copied anything else...

and you are wrong about the 60%, but that is neither here nor there, if you want to argue that, lets do it in another thread.

Unless you have personal experience with audiopipe, why not just leave the thread, seriously. Go interject your opinions elsewhere. As Foghorn Leghorn once said in a Looney Tunes show: "Go, I say go away boy, you bother me".

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Why did u make the thread Asking about them if u know more than eveyone else on audiopipe products?

·
5,219 Posts
This is like a bait and switch thread. At no point did you ask tinctorus how they sounded to him. You just said, "valid point" and "anybody else? ". Seems to me you support them and you don't care to find negative opinions, just good ones.

You want proof they are good or bad? "Distortion is audible" although you cannot identify it's level compared to other speakers. There are people who find some distortion good and that's makes it even harder to determine distortion by ear. So, either you use equipment to measure such distortion or use speaker design, otherwise you recommend the product with your own opinion and only your opinion.

PS, Some opinions are more valuable than others.

PS PS, Do you work for them or have a vested interest?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Well this thread took off into heated debate didnt really expect that kind of talk for this brand. From my post way back my friends audio pipe gear and I may not own it but if your around your friends long enough you hear there stuff alot more than just a quick demo. But here is audio pipe vs few other brands I believe are on par with them pyramid, pyle, dual etc. Now I listened to audiopipe 15inch sub vs pyle. Both subs hit good when given alot of power and these inefficient subs take the power:laugh: but seriously the audio pipe pulled ahead when it came to faster bass notes the audiopipe was off key but the pyle was muddy as can be.

Now moving up to a pretty good quality sub JLw6v2 12 vs audio pipe TXX-APX12W roughly same rms range but no contest. when played low the AP hits good and keeps up with bass notes on rock tracks and plays low for the bass but this is not even at reference levels :laugh: when pushed above reference the AP became muddy and could not reproduce all those lows that it had attempted at less power. I not a musicologist in any sense but you guys wanted someone to apparently write a match up.

So audio pipe probably holds true it will "bang" maybe not sound good but it will "bang" either in good enclosures or in numbers anything S*tty can sound okay with enough played at a reference level or less so that the speakers parameters are not fully explored. My buddy loves them cause they "Bang" but I want to hear all the bangs not all into one muddy bang but this is only my 2 cents from a nooby take it with a grain of salt

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
now you are just being a straight up jackass. speaker distortion is audible, as is frequency response when one plays ANY music that they frequently listen to over and over again on different sound systems.
And the name calling begins when asking for proof...

and what "good" reason is that? tons of people are specification mongers. specs mean absolute shit unless the product matches the advertised specs. that's why the best test in the world is YOUR EARS, not lab results. if it sounds good to you, and if your ears can justify the price of a product, then it was a good product, period.
You're damn right I'm a "specification monger" because the measurements are true, they can't lie, they can't hide behind marketing, and they don't have monetary gains to protect. They also tell us everything we need to know about a driver's sound. I know, I know...the old wives tale of "just listen!" dies hard.

Why should I trust your ears? Because you say they sound good? :laugh: My stereo sounds pretty decent for the equipment used, so you should go and replicate it today to listen for yourself.

Who am I to tell you what sounds good? And vise-versa ;)
Why did u make the thread Asking about them if u know more than eveyone else on audiopipe products?
Exactly :laugh:
He already skipped that, conveniently. I have a feeling we're going to get the "if only you knew who I am" story once more...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I didn't know dick about them three weeks ago when i posted the thread. i have since learned a little bit about there product by making phone calls, posting in OTHER forums, and driving to listen to demos... I didn't realize that this forum is full of mostly trolling idiots who have very little real world experience of there own and just re-spew someone else's internet jargon.

I notice that the legitimate posters here tend to stay away from mainstream branded stuff and go for the high-fidelity releated threads, and that's fine, i was just searching for legitimate information about a company's products based on people's REAL listening experiences, but instead, I got a bunch of garbage repsonses that are absolutely USELESS to me.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
if u were able to get all the info u needed in real life, why would u even bother with a forum even if they were right? they could say its good but then u listen in real life and be like wow thats terrible sounding...

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
This is like a bait and switch thread. At no point did you ask tinctorus how they sounded to him. You just said, "valid point" and "anybody else? ". Seems to me you support them and you don't care to find negative opinions, just good ones.

You want proof they are good or bad? "Distortion is audible" although you cannot identify it's level compared to other speakers. There are people who find some distortion good and that's makes it even harder to determine distortion by ear. So, either you use equipment to measure such distortion or use speaker design, otherwise you recommend the product with your own opinion and only your opinion.

PS, Some opinions are more valuable than others.

great, so now i have to buy expensive equipment to analyze inexpensive products.

Christ almighty, i just want opinions from people who have actually used the products, not jackasses who haven't.. is that too much to ask?

and no,I do not work for nor do i have a vested interest in the AudioPipe company or their PR machine. I work as a Transvestite Hooker for your father, he's my pimp.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
if u were able to get all the info u needed in real life, why would u even bother with a forum even if they were right? they could say its good but then u listen in real life and be like wow thats terrible sounding...
ohhh, i don't know, to save time and money perhaps? and yeah, you are right, they could say great things and the product could end up being terrible, but usually in internet forums such as this, people tend to give fairly honest opinions about things. I was simply looking for experienced opinions, and received very few.

·
5,219 Posts
great, so now i have to buy expensive equipment to analyze inexpensive products.

You are purposely taking things out of context. I was speaking of relying on the measurements already presented from a variety of sources. The other way to get a great speaker is to buy and sell stuff till you find what you like. Then there is the hit and miss strategy, asking for reviews; it works but Audiopipe equipment is not used too much here.

Christ almighty, i just want opinions from people who have actually used the products, not jackasses who haven't.. is that too much to ask?

You are being closed minded. "ask tinctorus". Did you do it, no.

and no,I do not work for nor do i have a vested interest in the AudioPipe company or their PR machine. I work as a Transvestite Hooker for your father, he's my pimp.

Great. Then use that $5 you just made to pay the restocking fee after you try the Audiopipe speakers. Problem solved.
No one is trying to hide some amazing speaker deal from you; it's just a matter of no great reviews or measurements of their products. On the other hand, there are many other speakers that are proven winners.

·
Registered
638 Posts
to give an honest answer to audio pipes products as a consumer i would put them in the range of being best budget equipment. There ipipe subs get very loud and handle there rated power. there components do not come nearly as close to my CDT's do BUT for the money there sound beat the infinity kapa components i had. There amps are decent. there 15001d is very powerfull and a small fotprint for the price. it is NOT dirty power as some have stated. all in all for the price there a good product.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
to give an honest answer to audio pipes products as a consumer i would put them in the range of being best budget equipment. There ipipe subs get very loud and handle there rated power. there components do not come nearly as close to my CDT's do BUT for the money there sound beat the infinity kapa components i had. There amps are decent. there 15001d is very powerfull and a small fotprint for the price. it is NOT dirty power as some have stated. all in all for the price there a good product.
this is probably the deal with audio pipe products.

if u really wanna be cheap, they arent a bad product. But u really cant expect much from them.

those that say they are bad, or suck, are probably so used to great products that arent cheap, so when they hear or heard audiopipe stuff, it was just sad.

thats not to say their views, reviews, thoughts, opinions, etc. are not valid.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
i didn't care to hear the ramblings of a supposed "installer" talk about speakers that he hasn't actually owned. eeryone knows that speakers need many hours of play to break in properly. if he hasn't owened them, then he has never taken the time to do that

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
ok, cool, finally, a learned opinion. CDT isn't exactly a budget speaker though, but i appreciate the comparison, as i have heard CDTs several timesmyself on several different systems

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
this is probably the deal with audio pipe products.

if u really wanna be cheap, they arent a bad product. But u really cant expect much from them.

those that say they are bad, or suck, are probably so used to great products that arent cheap, so when they hear or heard audiopipe stuff, it was just sad.

thats not to say their views, reviews, thoughts, opinions, etc. are not valid.
this is a thread for LEARNED opinions through experience, not speculation by non-owners.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I cant speak for build quality, but have heard them several times. They are a flea market favorite around here. They are cheap and loud. The sound like hot [email protected]#, but the guys that buy them are not looking for "sq." If you have 4 fifteens in your trunk and want to do a whole system for under 500 bucks, audiopipe is a speaker the flea market will offer you. If you want to go cheap look at madisound or parts express.

·
5,219 Posts
I cant speak for build quality, but have heard them several times. They are a flea market favorite around here. They are cheap and loud. The sound like hot [email protected]#, but the guys that buy them are not looking for "sq." If you have 4 fifteens in your trunk and want to do a whole system for under 500 bucks, audiopipe is a speaker the flea market will offer you. If you want to go cheap look at madisound or parts express.
Sorry guy, that's not a learned response and is full of speculation by a non-owner. It means nothing in this thread.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts