DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
i dont know about Scan Speak because the drivers dont look anything alike....

but to add to the speculation, i hear they are made by the original designer of the DynAudio drivers (from which they look very similar).

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Per Skaanig was the engineer who used to work for or own Dynaudio/Scan-Speak. His drivers use much of the same technology such as the open basket, venting under the spider, and of course the SD-1 motor.

I've managed to hear several of the mid/bass drivers over the years, and they were OK stuff. The tonality was very similar to Dynaudio. The nice thing about Flexunits/Skaanig is that you can get custom drivers built, but they are incredibly expensive.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
yeah I just saw these

cquenze drivers and was wondering if anyone ahd experienced these

okay I was bored on madisound today and saw these drivers

(goodness gracious they are costly)

but the response graph looks nice

anyone ever heard these?

http://www.audiotechnology.dk/iz.asp?id=4|a|136|||

·
Registered
104 Posts
From the company`s website;

"Audiotechnology is a family owned company founded by Ejvind and Per Skaaning. Our production facilities are situated in Stilling, Denmark. Ejvind Skaaning was the guiding force behind several loudspeaker companies in Denmark; among the most prominent are Scan-Speak and Dynaudio corporations, both founded by Mr. Skaaning.

Years of research and development in loudspeaker driver design, coupled with extensive manufacturing and production experience is the foundation of Audiotechnology´s expertise.

All drivers are handcrafted. Voice coils and cone profiles are developed, as well as produced in house. Audiotechnology does all assembling, and every driver is subject to extensive control and performance measurements.

Audiotechnology supplies drivers to many companies, among them Sonus Faber in Italy, Rockport Technologies and Madisound in the USA, and the Danish companies Raidho and Peak-Consult. In summary we can provide you with custom designed and build drive units, specially suited to your design requirements."

:)

I am most likely to use the 4" and 10" Flexunits in a floorstander project Im planning. Dont know how they are for car use though...

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Personally, I'm not seeing any new technology that would justify that kind of pricing. However, the fact that you can get high quality custom drive units in small quantities does make it worthwhile.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I gotta post pics of skaanings laying in my garage. :twisted:
Some of them are 8" and weight the same as my idmax...Costed $400 ea, lol..(my old roomate left me like 4 pairs to sell later on) :D

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
dual700 said:
AzGrower said:
dual700 said:
my old roomate left me like 4 pairs to sell later on :D
So sell them mane! :roll:
Hard to sell since they are all custom and I don't know anything about the t/s param.. :(
Can only wait for him for info...
I can measure your t/s parameter.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
npdang said:
dual700 said:
AzGrower said:
dual700 said:
my old roomate left me like 4 pairs to sell later on :D
So sell them mane! :roll:
Hard to sell since they are all custom and I don't know anything about the t/s param.. :(
Can only wait for him for info...
I can measure your t/s parameter.
OOOOOOHHHHHHH.......
I have alot for you to measure :shock: :D :D
Will do! I'll hand them to yah.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.