DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
factory radio out and kenwood navi in! Had to make a custom dash kit and painted same as gray leather.installed back up cam and sat, as well

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Gorgeous car and a nice clean install.
In a car lacking extreme processing capabilities and with factory locations I am sure that the JLs sound every bit as good as a similar set of anything more expensive. Especially when the car is doing what it does best... driving!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What ^ he said! Lol , you would think for $176,000 you would get navi, back up cam,sat , blue tooth! Nope! But it does now;) and as far as the JL speakers go, the sound dam good! You should listen to them sometime .

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
A car like that if you want great sound turn radio OFF!
So much this.

HMMM... you call this "INSTALL", you just screwed speakers on, put in HU, and did simple custom trim for HU and that's all what I see at the photos. Did you install any amp? did you sound deaden the car ot at least the doors?
Give us more details and photos of the process of course if there is any.
Down, boy! It IS an install. He's installing a head unit and some drivers. Of course he's not tearing the car to pieces to do a couple thousand dollar custom install - it's a Lamborghini for crying out loud. You don't just cut up and pop screw holes in a car like this. I mean you can, but... it's understandable with vehicles like these to have nothing but a stock appearance. As far as deadening, I think the noise of the engine screaming down the highway should take care of any rattling or buzzing. ;)

Anyway, love the car. How fortunate you were to get to do an install in it!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Think it needs 50 lbs of deadener in the doors :p

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Now that I can finally see the pics....

Nice job!
Awesome looking work-space and a super-clean shop with hot cars says alot

·
18,619 Posts
I don't think Steve needs to cut holes in the dash to verify his status as an installer. His cars have been setting SPL world records and winning SQL titles for a while now...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and make some assumptions...
Steve did the install. The owner chose the gear.
The owner of the lambo probably took the time to research who was going to do his work. The lawyer (I believe that's his profession, IIRC) chose Steve to do the install. Personally, if I own a $100k+ car, I'm going to take the time to do some research on the person doing the work just to make sure they don't screw anything up.

So much damn hate. The work Steve has done would put about 98% of the "installs" I see on this site to utter shame. My own included (which is why I hired him to do my kicks). I don't understand why you guys are so quick to jump on someone's back. A clean, simple install with some upgraded-from-factory-components gear was what the job was and the owner wanted. Job complete. /

·
Premium Member
3,855 Posts
What ^ he said! Lol , you would think for $176,000 you would get navi, back up cam,sat , blue tooth! Nope! But it does now;) and as far as the JL speakers go, the sound dam good! You should listen to them sometime .
JL speaker will really surprise alot of people at how good they sound and perform. Dont judge just bc of the brand name.

good job on the install steve

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,369 Posts
HMMM... you call this "INSTALL", you just screwed speakers on, put in HU, and did simple custom trim for HU and that's all what I see at the photos. Did you install any amp? did you sound deaden the car ot at least the doors?
Give us more details and photos of the process of course if there is any.

ps. Anyway the car is great! You have nice workshop!
This is the 2nd or 3rd install thread that you have come on here and bashed, how about you show us your work.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gees ,,,,,, we don't get many $175,000 cars here in Florence so it was nice change up from a full blown SQ build .yes it was a simple custom ddin install with a custom trim piece,back up cam,navi,bt, and components and tweeter relocation. In a $175,000 car;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
JL speaker will really surprise alot of people at how good they sound and perform. Dont judge just bc of the brand name.

good job on the install steve
No, the JL speakers just have that "in your face sound that hurt your ears", at least according to the local dealer here that sells them when I was secret shopping my competition and asking the difference between the Hertz Mille and the JL's. I asked him to elaborate and he just repeated this statement. Well, I believe I have them easily beat on customer service and knowledge. BTW, it was the manager that answered me this way.

Very nice Lambo....CUT THE DASH, CUT THE DASH....j/k

1 - 20 of 71 Posts