DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed this amp and I’m having an issue I never installed before, however this is my first Audison.

Anyway, I’m running this amp in my 2020 Dodge Charger with the PAC Amp Pro along with the Toslink Optical Adaptor. So obviously using the optical input on the Audison. So I hook up the computer and get everything all set up, all,the speakers, EQ, you know all the goodies. When I do this everything works and sounds good, although it needs tweaking, however this is where the issue comes in…. When I disconnect the USB from the computer, the music will play for about 10-15 seconds and then it stops. If I hook up the USB back up to the computer all the settings I did are gone. Even though I’ve saved them, they aren’t being saved for some reason. I tried everything. I’ve played with every setting I could find in the menus and nothing. Then I’m thinking a wiring issue, but everything seems to work just fine. Any one running this amp ever have this issue?

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you select "finalize device" from the menu?

If you just click save it will save the configuration to a file on your computer. To write it to the device you have to hit finalize.
Yes. I’ve tried this many times. What’s weird is when I plug the USB back into my computer, its like all the settings have reverted back to a “factory” type setting. I’m not a pro, but I’ve done a lot of installing and wiring and this one really has me stumped.🤔

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Just yesterday, I was sitting in my drivers seat and a Tuner (Tech) was in the passenger seat and he was doing some final tweaking to at my direction, after he was done making adjustments in the software, he said something like: "ok, let me load this into your amp" then disconnected the laptop and everything stayed loaded...

· Registered
92 Posts
If you're using an optical input, try going into options>preferential memory and set optical preferential memory for A or B. Also make sure in options>signals that ART and AST are off. I believe the optical select pin should also be disabled, that's only for if you want to switch to the optical input with a switch or other output or something.

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you're using an optical input, try going into options>preferential memory and set optical preferential memory for A or B. Also make sure in options>signals that ART and AST are off. I believe the optical select pin should also be disabled, that's only for if you want to switch to the optical input with a switch or other output or something.
Ok I’ll look into this. Thanks for the advice. I’m really lost on this one.

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just yesterday, I was sitting in my drivers seat and a Tuner (Tech) was in the passenger seat and he was doing some final tweaking to at my direction, after he was done making adjustments in the software, he said something like: "ok, let me load this into your amp" then disconnected the laptop and everything stayed loaded...
Lol, yeah this one has me scratching my head for sure.

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Did you look at any YouTube video's on using the software?

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Hey I asked my buddy and he said, just call Electromedia (in Irvine - open M-F) and select the TECHINICAL phone option and they should be able to help, if you go to their website (The USA Audison site) you should be able to send them an email if you wanted to go that route.

I have called there a couple of times and the Tech guys are very helpful and knowledgeable...

Lemme know how/when you figure it out and how it sounds...!

Cheers

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Did you see this thread?

Did you FINALIZE?

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you see this thread?

Did you FINALIZE?
Yup. Just tried some stuff just now. I disabled all the stuff I could in the drop down menus, I finalized it, unplugged the USB and right around 10 seconds the music just turns off. The amp stays on, but the music stops playing.

· Registered
276 Posts
I always finalize, synchronize (write to device) and then save the file to my laptop. Have you installed the most recent firmware updates? I had my F8.9 in storage for about a year and I had to update it for it to work properly with my laptop when I re-installed it.

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I always finalize, synchronize (write to device) and then save the file to my laptop. Have you installed the most recent firmware updates? I had my F8.9 in storage for about a year and I had to update it for it to work properly with my laptop when I re-installed it.
I’ve done all of this…many times. I’ve tired all the combinations of the drop down menus and nothing works. I even tried swapping from the optical to RCA connections. This is another weird issue. I got it all set up and sounding good with the RCA’s then I unplugged the USB from the computer and then just the left tweeter, right mid range and right tweeter worked, everything else stopped working. I plugged the USB back in and all the speakers work just fine. I’m not sure what’s going on here.

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok…**** I go it after doing some reading. I read the manual and unless I missed it I didn’t see it in the manual. I did not have the preset knob set on zero. I know I turned this knob becuase I was going to try one of the pre sets and I never set it back to zero. I did get a error message in the software but wasn’t sure what it meant…any way thanks for the help, it’s now working. For anyone in the future who might do this, keep that preset knob on ZERO

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
So it's working now?

· Super Moderator
2,623 Posts
Cool, when can I hear it?

· Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So it's working now?
It’s funny you posted that link to that thread and I read it but it didn’t make sense. Then all of a sudden it made sense. The error message on the software kept saying the “Encoder wasn’t on zero” didn’t know what they were talking about. It was just a little confusing

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.