DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bit 10d won't seem to hold a tune. I did the original tune for the speakers to break in. Then I did a long fine tune which sounded awesome. Within a week it started sounding muddy and out of whack. So i decided to just throw on the previous tuNE again since I really liked it. When I brought up the software I was amazed by how far off the 2 tunes were off. I loaded the original fine tune again sounded great for a week or 2. Before I try it a third time I figured I'd ask for help. The unit is out of warranty. Any suggestions?

· Registered
15 Posts
Do you mean the EQ setting is not retained in the Bit 10D after a couple of weeks?
This is strange because mine works as it is when finalized.
Also what do you mean by the tunes, do you mean you used two different presets and each of them sounded different?
Have you adjusted the sensitivity of Bit 10 D as per manual?
Is it connected to the High Level Inputs or the RCA's.?

Things to check for :
1. Check if you run the latest firmware version for the Bit TenD.
If you do not have the latest version please update it and rerun the entire setup process.
2. If you have the latest firmware version in your BitTen D try to re-run the setup process and see if this helps.
3. You can reflash the latest firmware again to the Bit Ten D.
This can be done using in your laptop, you have to set Bit Ten D to Rescue mode and upload the firmware again. This fixes corrupted firmware installed in the Bit Ten D.
4. Check the wiring

If the above three points do not help then you should be having a defective unit.
Ideally the memory should be wiped after you finalize the bit ten d.

Do let me know if this helps.

· Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, first of all my previous posts on this thread were not accurate after reading back i realized not only was it confusing i explained it incorrectly. So please lets start over from this post. My apologies.OK in response to the last post. What I mean by tune is say a car's system sounds terrible I tune the system using the bit 10d. So after hours of fine tuning the system and it sounds awesome I finalize it and save it. Now the system sounds flawless. Within a week or so it starts to sound muddy and inside of three weeks it's unlistenable. So I figure easy fix just bring up the software and reload the awesome prior tuning back in. When I open the software and compare the current tuning and the prior tuning the settings are exactly the same. Which make no sense to me. One day the tuning sounds awesome and a couple of weeks later the same tuning sounds like ass. I'm starting to think it might not be the bit 10d. It cant be the speakers since their spread out over 2 amps and there's more then 1 brand of speakers (focal krx3's and jl 10w6v3d4's.) and they all go out of tune at the same time. I've made sure it wasn't the source by connecting to the the bit 10d to an iPad but nothing changed so I would assume it's not the deck(pioneer 8500bhs). So besides updating the bit 10d firmware. Any suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.