DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I've been reading the forum for some time as a guest and have just registered to post my below question / issue; here are the details :

car : volvo xc60 2011 (wih high perf sound system using sensus interface)
amp : hertz hdp5
f speakers : hertz hsk163
r speakers : hertz hsk165
sub : hertz es250
processor : audison bit one

I had the above system installed by a professional installer. The initial system was done 2 weeks ago and did not include the bit one.
Although the system sounded better than the factory set up, it was nowhere near the potential expected from the products I installed... the installer agreed.

They said, the signal output from the oem unit (which i cannot change due to how the dash is setup) was so low (miliwatts ?) that they had to turn up all the gains on the amp to get any kind of sound . I dont know if there's any relevance but the oem hu is said to be 4X40 running at 2 ohms.

The installer recommended the audison bit one for such issues. After reading and learning abt the bit one, i agreed with the installer and had the unit installed.

All was fine till we tried to set up the bit one for the first time.
The bit one would 'pass' the first test of the installation process but would fail the second part which is the de-equalization part (most important!).

After hours of trying, checking connections, updating firmware and even reinstalling the bit one program on the installers laptop, still we couldnt get past the de-equalization part of the set up. When I say we couldnt get past it, I mean it would de-equalize the first (left front) and then we would wait and wait and wait and nothing . The installer who has successfully installed several dozens already said that the de-equalization 'normally' takes less than 2-3 minutes. In my case, even after waiting for 15-20 mins still nothing. The farthest we got was the last stage but then it never finished.

As it was late and everyone was frustrated and out of ideas, the installer tricked the bit one by combining the speaker outs to a rca cable so the bit one would 'think' that it's getting the signal from the preout of a dect system.

We passed all the tests with this 'trick', but it is irrelevant because in this case the bit one isint really de-equalizing anything .

Albeit the sound is much better now that it's passing through the bit one it is still nowhere near what it should be . Needless to say, the installer agrees and was the first to say this before me.

I will leave the car with them next week for a day so they can figure this out.

Any suggestions or cures would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
Did u try another bit 1?
I had a bit 10 do a similar thing not ok long ago. Like you guys spent alot of time messing with it and finally swapped it out, no issues after that.
I've never used the SenSus piece you are talking about so I can comment on the low output issue.

Hope that helps!
Greg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

After lots of time lost and frustration we changed the bit one and boom it worked on the first try :)

The only difference I could tell between the first bit one and second bit one was the fact that I had updated the firmware on the first ... Perhaps there's a bug on the new firmware

Thanks for your help !

Did u try another bit 1?
I had a bit 10 do a similar thing not ok long ago. Like you guys spent alot of time messing with it and finally swapped it out, no issues after that.
I've never used the SenSus piece you are talking about so I can comment on the low output issue.

Hope that helps!
Greg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts