DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious if a bit one could fill the functions of a head unit. Money is tight at the moment and my DRZ went down. I might be able to afford a bit one and only really use my media player (optical digital output) as a source anyhow.

Bit one users - would this work out for me? The primary needs I have from the unit are its processing power (xover - t/a - eq) and some way to control the volume and make basic adjustments on the fly. Offhand I can't remember if it has a remote display/control panel - will look that up...

Thanks!

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
I am not sure exactly what your media player is, can you elaborate? The basic answer to your question is yes. The Bit One has auxillary inputs for other media such as bluetooth phone or an ipod. The DRC is very small (half DIN) and does have a read out. The read out is limited to volume level, fader, balance and sub volume.

Since your media player has optical out, I see no reason you could not survive with said media player and a B1. You will have to figure out how to turn the B1 on. There are several options. Remote lead from your HU (dont know about your media player), ACC/keyed switched from ignition (probably your best bet) or none at all. But I am not sure about the "none at all" option. I think you have to have some way to signal to the B1 that your system is powering up. The optical signal will not do it. All of this is in addition to the 12v power and ground.

·
18,694 Posts
in short. yes.

the controller is small so you'll have to do a custom fab job.
also, keep in mind that you can only call up presets. you CANNOT make adjustments (other than fade/balance/sub) from the controller.
but, overall, yes, I think it would do the trick for you.

tie your remote turn on to the radio/acc in the fuse box (can't remember which one) and you should be set.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts