DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Audison Bit Ten D Noise Issue. Aargh. Help!

8K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  dobslob 
#1 ·
Straight to the point, here's the set-up and then the problem...

Audison 5-channel Voce Amp. Active Audison Voce components in the front taking up 4 channels and the 5th channel for a JL W6v2 ProWedge (sealed box) sub in the trunk. Kenwood Excelon head unit.

Set-up questions so you don't have to ask about them....

The sensitivity of the amplifier is set as Audison suggests, at minimum except for sub channel, which is set 3db higher per Audison 'Advanced Manual'. Sensitivity of Bit Ten D is set at position 2 (about 10 o'clock) for all channels (though I'll admit that I don't quite get how they're labeled and what I'm truly adjusting). I have no boost at any frequency on the EQ, only cuts.

Now the issue....

When certain bass transients hit, I get loud noise coming out of the tweeters that sounds like a rattle. But it is definitely noise coming out of the tweeter. I can eliminate it by backing the sensitivity of the sub amp channel, but then I have a very thin sound and almost no bass headroom (passable but modest at best bass at full sub volume). I can also moderate it by backing off of the system volume as controlled by the Bit Ten D (not the head unit's volume control). So the end result is I am not getting the proper balance of sub channel to everything else and I am getting nowhere near the bass output I was getting before the Bit Ten D, though the sound quality overall is unquestionably better. HOW DO I GET RID OF THE TWEETER NOISE AND GET MY SUBWOOFER HEARDROOM BACK!?!?!?!?!:mad:

See less See more
#2 ·
I have a bit 10.

Xo points on all drivers and source (amp or bit 10)?* I'm assuming each driver is active and controlled by bit 10 or is it amp? Tweets mounted properly...or do you have resonances all over car? Can you mute all drivers and leave only tweets on turn up volume and hear the rattle. Curious about your levels and all. Did you do the de-EQ first on set up disc?

#3 ·
It's not a rattle. It is electrically produced noise coming out of both tweeters. I mute all channels but the subwoofer and the noise still comes out of the tweeter. So it is processor generated noise. I'm just not sure why it would be present. I did not need to de-EQ as I have an aftermarket headunit as I mentioned in the OP. I have tons of sound deadening in the car. My amp sensitivity settings are on lowest possible setting and the settings on the bit ten d are fairly low as well.

My xover points are high pass on tweeter at 2500. Bandpass mid at 2500 and 60. Sub at 100. 12db slopes/Butterworth type. And again, I have no boost at all on any EQ channel. Driving me crazy. I can lower the sensitivity on the Audison amplifier's 'C' channel (subwoofer amp channel) and get rid of the noise. Problem is that it practically gets rid of all the bass as well! :confused:

#4 ·
Gotcha. Hummm I know I have a buzzing noise on my tweet channels, but with my tweet level down to -9.0 and -9.5 and my mids at -6 it is mostly gone. I set those levels to help balance the channels per my RTA and to reduce the buzzing...not sure if your noise is similar. My sub is at-1. My amp gains were ser with an oscilloscope so I'm pretty confident those are right...I just lowered the levels to reduce my buzzing on tweets and keep it balanced. Then I set EQ and didn't worry so much if I needed a larger boost than I would have wanted to add since I kept the levels lower but still differentiated. Not sure if this helps. I'm sure you have adjusted and playing around with the levels. You mayhowever have a bad unit. Older bit 10 models had more issues, than newer ones...so iI heard

#6 ·
IF you unplug the RCA's from the Deck to the Bit 10 does the noise go away? If noise does not go away then its the deck it has a ground loop . If the noise is gone then its the amps or RCA picking up noise somewhere .

#7 ·
check your grounds on the bit ten, amp, everything really.

try hooking up a 3.5mm to head phone jack straight to the bit tens inputs. If the noise goes away, then its probably in the headunit some where

#9 ·
Have you tried, for giggles, increasing the crossover point of the tweeter to 3,000 on a 24 slope or at least a 24 slope at the current 2500 mark? Tweeter might be getting too much below 2500 to be happy. What Kenwood HU do you have? Not the same problem but I've been experiencing some hiccups with Kenwoods lately. Was mostly in the realm of a turn on pop or not turning on/off with ignition (both of which were a firmware update). I'm in doubt that it is the head unit though but there's a lot of diagnosing to do.

Do you use a optical from the Bit to the amp? If so, have you tried another cable? Again, probably not an issue but if those get kinked they don't work right or at all.

Know anyone with a Bit 10d? Swap 'em? Swap the amp?

Yes, and check your grounds and the integrity of those tweeter speaker wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.