DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Does anyone know if the Audison Lrx 4.300 is actually four seperate amps, or not.

Thank you. John.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi. Quick update. i have the audison lrx4.300 to drive my tweeters, and noticed it is a four channel amp, so was thinking of using it to drive my bass units as well. is this a good idea?
Ideally i want to use 3 amps, one dedicated to each drive unit (bass, mid, tweeter) but was thinking if i could get away with using the audison to drive 2 channels, so was hoping that it is actually 4 seperate amplifiers in one case.

Thank you.

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
it is not 4 separate amps but you "can" use it to power your bass drivers if you wanted to....not the most practical use of that amp though regarding power and the demand on the power supply

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

Do you think i should tri-amp instead, you sound a little unsure whether to use the audison for 2 or 4 channels. It sounds good at the moment handling the tweeter only, i was concerned if the bass with its heavy current requirements would be very much different.

To me restricting the "bandwidth" each amp has to reproduce makes the amp sound better, to my ears anyway, theoretically tri-amping should be the best because it cuts down the frequency range fed to each amp, therefore cuts the workload, because the audison has 4 channels i was wondering if this was the case. Just at the moment the tweeter sounds brilliant i am very happy with what the audison is doing, wondering if feeding it bass signals ruins this.

Thank you. John.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. By bass i mean low end 20hz to 400hz. Not sure if this will affect the treble the audison is already reproducing as there is a lot of power at the low end of the spectrum so may interfere with the high frequencies.

Btw, can anyone recommend a good active crossover to use.
I picked up a legacy crossover from a well known auction site brand new for 99p as no one else bid on it, but the sound is pretty much lifeless and dead, also tried audiobahn but that was rubbish as well. Is there any particular brand that make good active crossovers.

Thank you. John.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
If you are asking whether it is a quad monoblock or if it has a shared power supply then I believe it has a shared power supply, but that is fine. You are not going to hear cross talk. It will work perfectly for what you want to do... or at least what I understand you want to do, anyway...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@The Baron Groog I am using some old pioneer speakers which i plan to update once i have saved the money. Can you please tell me what you mean by "getting the settings wrong" Are all active crossovers the same, just may depend on the way you have it set up.

Thank you.

@dragonrage do you think i should use 2 of the audison's channels to drive the tweeters and the remaining 2 channels to drive the bass up to 400hz, rather getting 2 amplifiers and have one drive the bass unit and the second to drive the tweeter. Have you any experience with this particular amp.

Thank you. John.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Which Pioneers? If a two way component set to be run active then the mid crossover freqs you have chosen will lead to a poor sound. For a 16.5cm midbass you should be crossing from 60Hz> and about 2k-5k for the upper points-depending on the driver and the tweeter you're trying to cross it with.

While there are differing qualities of active crossovers the quality of the unit won't make much odds when compared to picking entirely the wrong frequencies to cross the drivers over at.

Please detail makes and models exactly:
Sub
Mid
Tweeter
2nd amp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts