DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently purchased an SR 1D mono amp. I need to know why my amp goes into protect mode as soon as I plug my rcas in. when they are out the amp lights blue and when I plug the rcas in it starts to flash red and no sub is working. Ive tried differnt rcas, re grounding, everything I can think of and I cant find the code listing for the sequence the lights flash. Please help me! Thank you,
-Mike

P.S. I also have a 4ch. Mtx rfl404 hooked up and remote goes to that amp first then to audison mono. The mtx amp works fine powering speakers. I have a pioneer AVH-p2300dvd double din.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i hate to help you out cause you have posted once, and now have a question lol, but all i can tell you is that your subsd might be wired up at too low of impedance. what coils does your sub have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, haha I know its my first but not my last :)
I have a 2012 Alpine type R 8inch 4ohm. I have it wired to far - and + and the mid - and + are connected together.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Uh, it sounds like you have your sub wired to 8 ohms rather than two ohms, which your amp powers correctly. Did you say just one sub? Your words are confusing, but bottom line is if you wire your single sub with two 4 ohm coils in parallel, your amp will be able to power it. It would take a very smart amplifier to be able to go into protect from too high of impedance, but if it has blinking lights, it probably has a computer, and that makes anything possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, sorry if I was confusing. Anyways I rushed home after work and set my sub from 8ohm to 2ohm. And.... Same thing. Audison does not have any troubleshooting for the amp anywhere. Ive emailed them and nothing. The amp has a blink sequence and youd think Audison would tell you what the codes mean. I appreciate the help, I dont know what else to try...

·
Registered
230 Posts
try unplugging your subs, and then firing up the amplifier with the rca's in it, and see if it happens. leave your subs wired to 2 by the way. also, check the voltage at your power wire with a dmm, i have a feeling that there is enough power to start the amp, but as soon as it has to do any work, it will shut off from low voltage cutoff. that could mean a bad ground

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help buddy. I didnt do anything wrong. It was a faulty amp, they swapped it out and gave me the SR 1Dk 1200 watt mono for $50 more because they didnt have a replacment in stock. Now thats good customer service. Thanks tho, I learned a few things and changwd my sub ohms.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts