DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
Kinda hard to tell... are those Budnik wheels?
US Mags Ramblers.

A cool update for those attending:

Just got off the phone with Steve Stern (Commissioner of MECA).

Mike Flanagan will be coming so this will be a 2X MECA event for those that wish to get an early start on 2020 MECA points.

Plan is for this to be a yearly thing.

Again, SQ only event with the exception of SPL for the BOBOS guys.

So plan on being ready around 9-10am and hanging out all day for food and such. Firepit and all that night.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I might have to try my hand at competing, since I'll finally have a system installed and all..
And since you're having a gathering the weekend prior, you should be ready to go. :cool:

I'm going to make sure to have the Chevelle comp ready (as much as possible anyway). The install definitely won't be 100%, but the audio should be somewhat dialed in. Should have more that 45 minutes of tuning on it, anyway. :laugh: That's all the time I've put into it since I've put audio in it.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Looks like scheduling strikes again.. Got family stuff that's going to prevent me from being able to make it. With much sadness, I must bow out. Dang it.

·
Vendor
2,383 Posts
Yesterday I reserved our hotel for Friday night and Saturday night so Josh and I are officially coming down to the meet starting Friday afternoon. We are bringing both the Jetta with the M25/TM65mkIII/SQL-15 and also the Passat with the M25/M3/TM65mkIII/Unicorns combo. And we are also bringing some items to display such as different voice coils, prototype motors, prototype shallow subwoofer carriers/cones, etc. And we will have an assortment of t-shirts available in various sizes. Air fresheners. Lastly I am bringing the last pair of BM mkV's, a NIB set of TM65 mkII's, and a pair of milled down M25 tweeters. The latter available for a discounted GTG rate. :)

Some pictures of what we are bringing:

Prior to BM mkV production sample tooled unique items:

Carrier, S surround, and aluminum cone:

Carrier and S surround:

Carrier, S surround, and Aluminum dome put together:

Prototype Neo Slug XBL^2 motor and CNC spider riser:

Two NIB BM mkV's with a cone/surround:

Returning Big Al's super cool EQ:

·
1,959 Posts
I'm glad I was able to make it out, Jason and family were such gracious hosts, and that spread was awesome! Thank you for a great time. I'll post the drove vid when I get home and can edit it.

Also, I tried my hand at competition in Meca ModEx and scored 74.5. the only other person in my class was Jeff Arkema, and he was the overall points leader for the day, so congratulations to him for "flawless victory" :p

Also, thanks to Mike Flanagan for coming out to judge.

41 - 60 of 69 Posts