DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
It's a neo magnet, i've got the older model without the fancy basket and it weighs NOTHING.

·
Registered
633 Posts
I was actually using it in a small bass-guitar enclosure. It sounded VERY tight compared to my other fender amp with a big 15" in it. Never used it for anything else, but i plan on using it in an install for my 63 beetle.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I was actually using it in a small bass-guitar enclosure. It sounded VERY tight compared to my other fender amp with a big 15" in it. Never used it for anything else, but i plan on using it in an install for my 63 beetle.
Me like 'very tight'. What alignment were you running. And too cool on the '63 Bug. The sound deadening must increase the weight by half. My buddy had his car literally lifted over another by thieves. It would be nice to see a build up.

·
Registered
454 Posts
nice price, wonder how long it will last. Hopefully until i get my hands on some $$$

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
how do these sound in small sealed box..? anyone here run one? its light and would be perfect for the Celica as I hate the thought of putting my other 60lb 10 in the car again..

·
Registered
365 Posts
IIRC, it's been that price for close to a year now.
Nope, this is $10 off the price it's been hovering at for the last 6 months or so. The price has come down a few times in the past year, and I'm betting they're going to run out soon. The 12"s have gone NLA, so this is the time to jump if you intend to buy any of the 10"s.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Sadly my 63 beetle hasn't gotten the audio build started yet. I'm going to go as nice as I can on it, take my time, do it all right. Since i'm running a generator instead of an alternator, that means low amperage so i have to make it very effecient. I couldn't stand my NS10 sitting on a shelf so i actually just built a 1.6 cu. ft. box with a port today for my home theater. IT SOUNDS AWESOME! It goes VERY low for a 10" sub, it is pretty dang efficient as well! For the decently small size box with small port (2.25"x appr. 4" long) it hits low, hard, and makes the floor shake! I'm tempted to get more now that they are this cheap. I actually made the baffle out of a 2" thick piece of solid wood...a solid wood door piece :)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Sadly my 63 beetle hasn't gotten the audio build started yet. I'm going to go as nice as I can on it, take my time, do it all right. Since i'm running a generator instead of an alternator, that means low amperage so i have to make it very effecient. I couldn't stand my NS10 sitting on a shelf so i actually just built a 1.6 cu. ft. box with a port today for my home theater. IT SOUNDS AWESOME! It goes VERY low for a 10" sub, it is pretty dang efficient as well! For the decently small size box with small port (2.25"x appr. 4" long) it hits low, hard, and makes the floor shake! I'm tempted to get more now that they are this cheap. I actually made the baffle out of a 2" thick piece of solid wood...a solid wood door piece :)
'Generator', dang this is gonna be a challenging and interesting build. That ported NS10 should fit the bill and ya gotta love the recycled door HT box. Thanks. There are so many damn interesting subs out there that are affordable until I try to own too many.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah, i'm beyond impressed with this little sub! I hooked it up in my apartment and kept having to turn the volume down lower and lower throughout the night from where the volume knob I assumed it should/would be on the receiver powering it, it's just an efficient, tight, lightweight, and accurate sub!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Why don't you do an alternator conversion on the Beetle?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Right now the engine is perfect and built out of 100% new parts, i would feel just wrong if I didn't put 100% new parts into an alternator conversion. That said, the cost is $200 + SH and right now it's not very high in my list of priorities. That's also for only a 81 amp output one which is the "high output" series. My generator currently outputs 30A which is not that bad if i design a system with low amperage in mind.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
i ordered one...just had to...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts