DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Really nice review Erin. Your methodology has come a long way and seems really nice. Can you include the link where you discuss the stitching of on-axis and off-axis response as I’d like to read that.

Thanks again Erin for doing this. Really cool and very nice info to have and learn from.

·
18,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that review was written in 2012. So, I haven't come that far. lol.

But, I do appreciate it. And as I've been going through these old reviews and posting them I've run in to things I've thought I would probably do differently now or extra stuff I'm curious about and would like to do on future tests.

Merging NF/FF is pretty basic. There's a science to it because the NF response is only good up to a certain point relative to the driver effective diameter and the FF response is only good down to a certain point because of reflections that need to be gated out of the response and any influence the baffle may have. It's both an art and a science when it comes time to merge the two.

If you have the Klippel modules you can use this:

But there are plenty of other online articles to read about the topic. This is a good one:

BTW, do you own a Klippel? If so, what's your setup? Which modules are you using? Etc. Maybe we can take it to PM if so. Just curious, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts