DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have the AC G2si. Staging width and depth (realism) is pretty good, but more could be better.

The only reason why I'm considering the LCYs are because they are on sale right now and I heard them in Vinh's car. They sound awesome, but then again, he has them time aligned, EQed and crossed over properly.

I on the other hand, am still waiting for my h701 processor that is on backorder :x

I would wait for processor to come in and re-evaluate my system, but by that time, if I'm still not getting more, then the LCY promotion might be over.

I really don't want to spend an extra $200 since I'm already broke from my car modding spree. I won't get the LCY unless someone can persuade me :D

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Well, the Lcy108 does have a much wider vertical dispersion. Other than that, you're fine with the AC g2si.

Your problems with depth and width are probably just tuning issues.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but can the AC be EQed out to the same smoothness as the LCY? Vinh's LCY are much smoother than mine. Then again, maybe I need to buy real ribbons and not use Reynolds :D

My ribbons sounds like...a tweeter.
Vinh's ribbons sounds like...music.

lol

·
Registered
415 Posts
95Legend said:
but can the AC be EQed out to the same smoothness as the LCY? Vinh's LCY are much smoother than mine. Then again, maybe I need to buy real ribbons and not use Reynolds :D

My ribbons sounds like...a tweeter.
Vinh's ribbons sounds like...music.

lol
ahhh..yes...music too my/our ears...!

..it sux how i dont like any of my music anymore...I NEED NEW MUSIC!!!

well..back to the reason why i posted.. i think you should put out the little/tiny extra money to get the OEM ribbon elements. Try those out first, then make your decision. If you need any help, ill put them in for you.. and if you dont like them after that, then you can sell them with the OEM ribbon elements and probably get more money for them..

Actually, you wanna try out the extra set that i have with your current setup..?

just give me a call, man..anytime.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Albert just called me and told me the h701 came in. The thing is that he won't come down here until next monday!

I'll probably try them out in my car by then.

If rick hasn't already sold his LCY 108, I'll probably take them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
LCY108 is more balanced/flat sounding to my ears. It's similar to listening to a Seas Excel driver vs. another (seas just sounds so balanced and "right"). The music just sounds more "real" to my ears with the LCY's vs. the AC's. The AC's sound a bit more metallic or "flashy" in comparison (maybe with equalization would sound similar). Dispersion wise, I think the LCY's should do a good bit better, but it would be mostly noticeable in the home. All in all, I prefer the sound of the LCY due to its more realistic/balanced nature.

·
Registered
120 Posts
95Legend said:
nooo. rick sold his :(
I have a set of 108's that I got from newtitan. I ended up buying a set of neopro 5i's like a week later so i dont really have a use for them. I'd sell 'em for $200+ship

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
vibrator said:
I have a set of 108's that I got from newtitan. I ended up buying a set of neopro 5i's like a week later so i dont really have a use for them. I'd sell 'em for $200+ship
As much as I would like to buy them, I've already made a deal with NABBOY over on ECA for my G2si+$140 for his LCY 108s :(

And Vinh, I just put your LCYs in my car. they sound so much smoother and sibilance is greatly reduced.

After awhile, something didn't sound right so I stuck my head towards the center of the car and it sounded...funny. I figured I would just flip the phasing on one of the tweeters and viola! No more hollow phasing crap.

I'm gonna enjoy my LCYs a lot :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts